Most Recent Reviews

Review of Boma Flavors of Africa Dinner - Jambo House

Reviewed by Jchuges7 Review Date: 11/09/2015

The experience here blew my expectations out of the water, in a good way! I'm a picky eater and I found plenty of choices to keep me satisfied. The kokonut rice was an amazing side and the chicken wings were crispy and delicious even without any sauce. My only complaint was the ribs which were a bit tough and the sauce they were cooked in was not a traditional barbecue sauce. It was not what I was expecting and something about the sauce threw me off.

The breads and desserts were all wonderful. Get the Zebra Domes and thank me later! My fiance said she enjoyed the soups and salads which were plentiful. Great service and I was able to get the Jungle Juice for my drink! We will definitely be back next trip!

Took Uber from Port Orleans Riverside to and from dinner which was extremely convenient. Had some free credits to use for Uber but the drivers we had said that Disney welcomes their presence. Consider using it if you are in a hurry or need to get from one resort to another quickly.

Pros:

Variety of choices, kokonut rice, desserts

Cons:

Ribs

Review of Tusker House Character Breakfast

Reviewed by Jchuges7 Review Date: 11/09/2015

Tusker House breakfast is pretty straight forward: standard breakfast fare, a small number of African-inspired dishes, and characters in safari-themed outfits. I could not get enough of the Jungle Juice, it is a delicious blend that I'm going to attempt to make at home. I have eaten here before and I was disappointed to see that there was no bread pudding this time. Maybe just bad luck on our day but still wish it was available. A great choice if you can get your reservation before the park's regular opening. Puts you right in the middle of Africa so you can hit up the safari or Lion King show immediately afterwards.

Pros:

Jungle Juice, all your breakfast standards

Cons:

Few unique African items, no bread pudding

Review of Chef Mickey's Breakfast

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 11/09/2015

We’ve attended several character buffets, but this was our first breakfast buffet and first time at Chef Mickey’s and it was great. There was a multitude of choices, including a “kid’s buffet”. Our server was super friendly and explained the set up and made sure we always had refills on our beverages. The food was constantly being replenished and was served at the appropriate temperature, except for the fruit, it tasted like it was recently frozen. The characters just stopped by long enough for a picture and it’s very loud, but all the kids seem to be having a good time.

Pros:

Character, food choices, service

Cons:

Very loud

Review of Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 11/09/2015

We really enjoyed our dinner, the characters were interactive and spent time at the table chatting. Our server was excellent and kept checking on us and did a great job explaining the food and answering all our questions. I had the chicken and polenta and both were good, my husband had the pork and also enjoyed his food. The flourless cake tasted more like a brownie, but that was ok. It’s a little pricey for the food quality, but the experience makes up the difference.

Pros:

Characters and service

Cons:

Expensive

Review of Gasparilla Island Grill

Reviewed by Jchuges7 Review Date: 11/09/2015

Left Magic Kingdom to get away from the crowds and have lunch here after I did my research and found the menu for Gasparilla Island Grill. Knew I had to try the Grand Gaspy burger and it did not disappoint. The burger with the cheddar and pulled pork was incredible. It was the only burger I had all week but I know this would have been the best even if I had tried others. Came with a side of homemade chips which were crisp and seasoned well. Fiance had the chef's special which was a cajun salmon sandwich. We were both blown away by the quality of food for a QS location. Easily the best QS we have experienced.

Usually the desserts for QS were standard and just ok. Here the cupcakes were something very special! I went with the lemon blueberry while my fiance had German chocolate. Both had moist cakes with plentiful toppings, some of the best desserts we had on our trip. We also brought along our Rapid Refill mugs so we could grab a bottled drink for our DDP credit.

Definitely worth the trip if you are staying at or near Grand Floridian if you need a QS meal that is of a higher caliber. We enjoyed the calm, quiet setting after being at Magic Kingdom all morning. Certainly will be back in the future!

Pros:

Best QS location in WDW, fresh food, cupcakes

Cons:

A little off the beaten path unless staying at resort

Review of Disney Dream Overall Experience

Reviewed by JackM Review Date: 02/18/2011

Posted by: gardajohn Sun February 13, 2011 (moved to Disney Dream category)

Returned this morning from a 3 night cruise on the Disney Dream. The ship itself is fantastic and the staff are very warm and friendly. This was our first cruise. Having to pay for non-alcoholic beverages and snacks on all decks other than Deck 11 sometimes felt a little like Disney was nickel and diming us. It wouldn't hurt the cruise line to provide free popcorn for the shows rather than sell bags as they do. Also, I really didn't like having an automatic gratuity added at meal times when I ordered a glass of wine. We prepaid our gratuities and it felt somewhat over the top that the server who kept our water glasses full received an additional tip for bringing me one glass of wine.

Pros:

Beautiful ship (Disney Dream), the stateroom was lovely. We had one of "those" animated portholes and it was really terrific. Felt just like we really had a porthole except that Pluto and others would occasionally make an appearance.

Cons:

Children's dinner menus were uninspired. Lines to be photographed with the characters were too long just like being at Disney World.

Review of IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 11/09/2015

After reading several negative reviews, I almost canceled my reservation, but I’m glad we attended. It was a pleasant event with several dessert choices, including blue cupcakes, cobbler, ice cream, baklava and cookies. The drinks alcoholic and non- alcoholic are unlimited, which made the event price more justifiable since it’s hard to eat a massive amount of sweets. Not sure why they don’t have chairs, we ended up sitting on a plant ledge. It’s a great view of Illuminations, which we’ve never seen before, so it beat sitting on the ground waiting for the show to start. . I would recommend this, but not sure I would do it again, once is enough

Pros:

Not crowded, nice view

Cons:

rush for tables

Review of Narcoossee's

Reviewed by Jamielyn09 Review Date: 11/12/2015

Wow! We ate here for the first time last week. I was concerned because the prices were high and didn't know if the food would be worth it. Our party of 4 was in agreement that this was the best meal we had ever had. It was well worth the splurge. We had the calamari and bbq shrimp and grits for starter and we had to control how much we all ate to save room for the entrees. I ordered the highly recommended scallop dish and it was AMAZING. 2 people in our party had the filet and the other had the shrimp dish. The only bad thing I have to say about the entrees is that they were really large portions and we were not able to finish the whole dish. We were celebrating a birthday and they gave the birthday girl the almond crusted cheesecake. Wow! It was delicious! We also ordered the dark chocolate bar and lemon custard. Both really good but the cheesecake was the stand out favorite.

I would highly recommend Narcoossee's! We have a trip planned back to Disney world next year and we may just have to eat here again!

Pros:

amazing food, atmosphere and service

Cons:

expensive, but worth it

Review of Roaring Fork

Reviewed by tinkiebell Review Date: 11/10/2015

We only ate here for breakfast because we were in the parks day and night. I am very happy with their new system of order-pay-pick up because before our food would get cold while we were waiting to pay. This new system is much better. They open early for coffee and then serve hot food at 7 am. It would have been nice if they served hot food earlier but I guess they would not have enough sales to warrant that. Since we were eating so early we never had an issue with crowds or long waits for food. We always got it to go and ate in our DVC room. The food was fresh, prepared correctly, and served quickly. I would only ask that if you step up to the ordering station that you and everyone else in your party know what you want. Our biggest wait was being behind people who decided what they wanted while ordering. It kept everybody, including the staff, waiting.

Pros:

Good food, quick service, efficient

Cons:

Review of Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge (Disney Vacation Club)

Reviewed by tinkiebell Review Date: 11/10/2015

We love the ambiance of the WL and were happy to be able to stay here again. This really is our favorite DVC property at WDW. I can spend hours walking the grounds or hanging out in the lobby. Our 1-bedroom villa was comfortable, clean, and well-stocked. We only ate at Roaring Fork and it was fine. The grounds were always clean and well-maintained. If you drive as we do be prepared to use the bell services or spend several trips hauling your bags a long way as there does not seem to be any close parking here as there are with other DVC properties. Also, be aware that the tub, while luxurious, is part of the master bedroom and not completely private. I was disappointed that one cast member at the concierge desk seem to argue with me, in a courteous manner, about my request (I was pursuing the request based upon another cast member's instructions). I think he just wanted to be "right" but it was very aggravating.

Pros:

Easy trip to MK, quiet and relaxing

Cons:

It's a long walk to your car; bus service is slow
1 2,438 2,439 2,440 2,441 2,442 2,468