Most Recent Reviews

Review of Merry and Bright Osborne Lights Dessert Party

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 12/08/2015

The view from the party was awesome and it was so nice to at least see a lot of the lights and the light show without being in the huge crowd. The desserts were really not that great. There was a small chocolate cake that was good and the rice krispie treat item, but other than that, the food left a lot to be desired.

They let you in beginning at a little after 6:30. For those that did not arrive earlier, you of course would not know that. We happened to get there around 6:20, so waited in the very long line of people waiting to get in. It was really not set up for the crowd in my opinion. There were 2 sections of food, and plenty of it and it was replenished often...but, the tables were too small for the number of people trying to get to them and it made it difficult to maneuver.

We attended a similar party at MK for Halloween and it was much better. The food was better, the set up was better (assigned seats, so you don't have to deal with the runners, food and drink hoarders and the massive run for the souvenir...what was that all about?).

Overall, I would still do it for the last year of the lights for the view. If the lights and the event continued, I would never spend the money again. Also, the whole experience is a little lost on the kids. They will most likely not want to sit at a table for a couple of hours watching the lights.

Review of Village Haus Restaurant

Reviewed by parksutton Review Date: 12/08/2015

Went there on Friday December 4th. It was basically what you would expect, nothing fancy but good food. I had the pastrami burger. It was very good and filling. I liked that there was no wait and that I got right in. They made a mistake with my order but fixed it immediately and without complaint.

Over all it was a good experience.....

Pros:

No Line

Cons:

Not a wide selection

Review of Tangaroa Terrace

Reviewed by parksutton Review Date: 12/08/2015

At her on a Saturday in December for Lunch, there were 5 of us, my wife and I and three kids. You order at the register and then have a seat and they bring it to you. The prices were good and the options instead of fries are good. Not a wide selections of entrees but not bad.

It is right by the pool but you can sit where you do not see it for more privacy. The atmosphere of the Restaurant is much better then a fast food place, it seems more like a Jungle themed place.

Simple, fun, and free refills on drinks.....Very Nice.

Pros:

Location, Nice

Review of Disney's Yacht Club Concierge Level

Reviewed by krichburg Review Date: 12/08/2015

We stayed at CL from 11/22-11/25. We knew the lounge was being re-done before we got there. We did not know the whole floor was being refurbished! We requested a room from our CL rep near the elevator or lounge and while I realize they can not guarantee a room request, she said she would try. We were as far away from the elevator as possible! Quite a hike after a day in the parks and to grab a quick bite in the lounge in the am.

I also emailed our rep to tell her someone in our group (my sister) had a birthday when we were there & could they do something. A pin? A card from Mickey in the room? Whenever we've had a birthday in our group when we've been in the world, the birthday has always been acknowledged. This has been done at Pop, CB, AoA. Here-nothing.

We had to ask 2 people where to get the bus to MK. We also saw other families looking around as well. You had to walk over to the convention center. A small sign on the sidewalk as you walked up to the wait area told you where to go. Very confusing and quite a hike from the lobby!

Mousekeeping: not on their game. On our 1st night I saw there was something sticky (soda?) on the night stand. We also brought a glass of wine back to our room from the lounge and obviously the empty glasses were in the room when we left the next morning. When we came back in the evening - they were still there. It was our running joke to see if they'd stay there until we left - they did along with the empty "welcoming" box of chocolates they brought us on our 1st day.

Positives: Pool is fabulous. Walk to Epcot & boat to HS was SO convenient. The staff in the lounge was great & so accommodating. It got busy in the small space, but it was well organized. We had a lightbulb out over the bed and I called about it and asked if they should send someone right up. I said no the next day was fine & it got changed.

Would we stay here again? Maybe if it was a GREAT deal. It just didn't feel as special as I had hoped it would. I recommended "yes" for this resort because of the access to Epcot & HS and the pool can't be beat.

Pros:

Pool!

Cons:

Service

Review of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by mindylee847 Review Date: 12/09/2015

We stayed here for a quick getaway, only two nights. We did book a preferred room and ended up in the Toy Story buildings. We were close to the main lobby and transportation. The parking lot near our buildings seemed a bit too small as the larger vehicles were taking up two spots and limiting space for others. Other than that, it was exactly what we expected for what we paid. We were able to go straight to our room rather than going to the front desk for anything. Our magic bands worked the first time around! The room was clean. Nothing to really complain about since this is a value resort.

Pros:

Easy to Navigate, Clean

Cons:

Parking Lot

Review of Ariel's Grotto Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by JerseyShoregirl13 Review Date: 12/09/2015

Since I dined at 5:30 I had the Winter Dreams show; which was fine with me. BUT when I arrived early for dining, they were letting in walkins. I complained that I had a show to catch and they got me a seat...once I complained. Then when I went to the preferred viewing area, I found out other people there were FP viewers and did not pay extra for the dining package and still got same area. Not happy about this.

Pros:

Food at Ariel's Grotto, WOC show was impressive

Cons:

had to rush thru meal to get to show & FP people had same viewing area as dining package participants

Review of Plaza Inn Minnie and Friends Breakfast

Reviewed by JerseyShoregirl13 Review Date: 12/09/2015

It was arranged poorly and very confusing. I and other guests were confused which line to go to get food. One line was for omelets I thought. But found out you needed to go on the line to get other items first. They did not bring beverages to you. Most characters were outside most of the time.
We were told to go in for breakfast first then go outside to meet Minnie. But when several of us finished our meals and went outside to meet Minnie were told Minnie was going inside to greet diners.
We were told to go to our tables (which were no longer ours) to wait for her -what? So after several of us complained to the manager, our request to take photos with Minnie were granted. BUT not by PhotoPass photographers, as we should have. I enjoyed my experience there 10yrs ago but not this time. Food was also poor quality.

Pros:

Pretty atmosphere met Fairy Godmother

Cons:

everything else especially setup of getting food

Review of Sci-Fi Breakfast

Reviewed by Quinniebear Review Date: 12/08/2015

Although there were plenty of empty cars, they seated the two of us in the back seat with a group of 10. Service was extremely slow. Did not receive my drink order. If you are hoping for a early start to your day in the park, you should skip this.

Sci Fi is long overdue for an update. Same reels they have had since opening. Take into account that it will be loud and dark.

Pros:

Food was good

Cons:

Poor service

Review of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (Magic Kingdom)

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/11/2015

We went to the Christmas Party in November 2015 and had a great time. The parade and fireworks are wonderful! The crowds were very low and cast members were very observant and diligent in reminding those who had not purchased a ticket that they would have to leave. Had not seen that before in the previous times we had attended. My grandchildren didn't have to wait very long to ride any ride. They rode Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Seven Dwarves Mine train several times.
Also they were able to get pictures with Characters that are not always available.

Pros:

Short Waits, Low Crowds, great Hot chocalate and cookies

Cons:

Review of Candlelight Processional (Epcot)

Reviewed by kchappy84 Review Date: 12/10/2015

We attended the 5:00 show on December 2. Neil Patrick Harris was the moderator, and he was wonderful. I've read a lot of comments about the lines. We had a 2:30 reservation at Biergarten with the dinner package. After we ate, we walked down to the USA pavilion. People were already lined up - including people with the dinner package. The standby line is on one side of the theater, and people with the dinner package are on the other. We got in line at about 3:30. They let us into the theater at about 4, so it was a fairly short wait. The front rows are covered. It started pouring before the show started, so we were glad to stay dry. I don't believe they let the standby people into the theater until much closer to 5:00.
The show itself was fantastic. NPH was great, as were the singers and the choirs. It really got our group into the Christmas spirit. I highly recommend this event, but I would only ever do it with the Dinner Package. There was a horrible standby line.

Pros:

a wonderful experience

1 2,436 2,437 2,438 2,439 2,440 2,455