Most Recent Reviews

Review of Be Our Guest -Counter Service Lunch

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/05/2015

We ate lunch at Be our Guest recently, but found it to me only mediocre. First you had to find your own table which was difficult for our party of seven. Then they forgot our deserts even though we had ordered on-line and early. The server though did provide them. We had to walk a long way for our drinks and also the food was not that good. I found the place to be very very noisy and the ambience was not that good.

Pros:

Food brought to you. Server was good

Cons:

Lots of negatives

Review of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by BeautyBeast2 Review Date: 12/06/2015

We stayed in the Toy Story section 11/30-12/4. My daughter is a huge Toy Story fan, so the theming was perfect. We were on the third floor which was very quiet. The rooms were clean when we arrived and mousekeeping was good throughout the week. The walk to Cinema Hall was decent, and the food in the food court was good. But then again it's hard to mess up a Mickey waffle 🙂

I wish the vanity area in the bathroom was a little larger. It was difficult having everyone's stuff out when getting ready, but was doable. The biggest con for me was the bedding...or lack of. It was basically a sheet and thin blanket. With the rest of my family being hot natured, I stayed pretty cold at night.

For the price and theming, I would definitely stay here again, especially with kids. I would just bring thick pajamas or an extra blanket 🙂

Pros:

Clean, quiet, price

Cons:

Lack of counter space, bedding

Review of Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge (Disney Vacation Club)

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/05/2015

We love the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. I always find the staff to be very courteous and helpful with any questions of problems that I might have. We have always found the rooms to be very clean and even though we normally arrive about 10:30AM we are able to get into our room right away. The only downside is that sometimes the bus service is a little slow.

Pros:

Great Ambiance and excellent Staff

Cons:

Bus service

Review of Biergarten - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/05/2015

The Biergarten is one of the places our granddaughter insists one eating at when we come to Disney. They have really good food and normally the lines are not too long at the Buffet.

Pros:

Great Food and entertainment

Cons:

—

Review of Brown Derby Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/05/2015

The Brown Derby is one of the Gems of Hollywood Studios. The food is great and the service is very good. The only downside was they no longer offer the Grapefruit cake, but offer mini deserts which include a small grapefruit cake.

Pros:

Great food and service

Cons:

Mini deserts

Review of Tangierine Cafe

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/05/2015

This is one of the best Counter Service places at Epcot. They have great food and you get served quickly.

Pros:

Great food

Review of Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by BeautyBeast2 Review Date: 12/07/2015

Our party of 7 dined here on 11/30, with a 6:30 dinner reservation. We walked up to the check in area a few minutes prior to our reservation time only to see a line was formed and curved around through the walkway to Mexico/China. After about 15 minutes of waiting a CM with an iPad checked us in. She then told us we would be called in no particular to go in the restaurant. The CM who was calling parties in was extremely soft-spoken. Several people would have missed their names being called if other parties weren't calling them out also. After another 10 minutes or so, we were called in. Thankfully once our names were called, things were pretty efficient. We had our photo taken with Belle and were immediately seated. We were seated in the same room as the appetizer bar, but it didn't feel too crowded.

The appetizers were good, but the line moved slowly due to the confusion over where the line started/ended. Our server was efficient, entertaining, and gave great recommendations on food. I got the meatballs and my husband got the beef - both were served hot, good portion size, and tasted wonderful. My husband said this was his favorite meal of the trip!

The princesses were wonderful! On the night we ate we saw Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, and Mulan. They took time to sign autographs, take photos, and chat with all the little princesses at our table 🙂 Our entrees had already arrived by the time 3 of the princesses made their way to us, so there was a lot going on on the table between the food, cameras, and autograph books.

Overall though I would still definitely recommend this character meal, mainly because it's nice to sit down and eat while the princesses come to you instead of waiting in the Florida sun!

Pros:

Princesses, food, servers

Cons:

Wait time

Review of Mama Melrose's Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by BeautyBeast2 Review Date: 12/07/2015

We have been to Mama Melrose's several times over the past few years and for us the food has been consistently excellent.

On this trip we had lunch on 12/1 as part of the Fantasmic! dining package. We were seated immediately at a large table towards the back of the restaurant.

Out of our group of 7 we shared the following appetizers: mussels, calamari, tuna, and mozzarella and tomatoes. They were all good, but the standout was definitely the mussels. They were perfectly cooked and the tomato butter was delicious!

For entrees we ordered steak, penne alla vodka with shrimp, seafood arrabbiata, and chicken campanelle. The steak was cooked correctly and tender. The pasta entrees were very good as well. The only complaint is that they kept the shrimp tails on in the penne alla vodka. It's difficult to cut tails off in a bowl full of pasta...

The dessert trio was good, but nothing too spectacular. Our server was pretty attentive but not overly friendly.

Overall Mama Melrose's is a good place to eat for a good meal.

Pros:

Cons:

—

Review of Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast

Reviewed by BeautyBeast2 Review Date: 12/07/2015

We had an 8:20 reservation on 12/2. This was my daughter's first time going to Magic Kingdom, and being able to enter prior to the park opening was magical. After checking in we only waited 5 minutes or so before taking our picture with Cinderella. We then went upstairs and were seated quickly.

The food was good, but nothing spectacular. My husband got the traditional breakfast (sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes) and it was identical to the breakfast we got the morning before in the food court at our resort. For the price we paid I would hope a golden goose at least laid our eggs.

That being said, nothing compares to taking your daughter in Cinderella's castle to meet all of the princesses. It's a must-do at least once!

Pros:

Early park entry, service, princesses

Cons:

price

Review of Boma Flavors of Africa Dinner - Jambo House

Reviewed by BeautyBeast2 Review Date: 12/07/2015

After hearing about how wonderful this place was, we gave it a try. We had early reservations, at 4:30. We were seated quickly, and our waitress was excellent! She gave great recommendations, even bringing a few of her must-have dishes to us at the table.

The food was really good, especially the soups, meats, and hummus. Other than the zebra domes, nothing really stood out on the dessert line.

Overall our meal was great! Our family really enjoyed being able to sample a different style of food, and enjoyed almost everything we ate.

One thing I noticed as we were leaving around 6:00 was that we couldn't hardly exit the restaurant because the waiting area was so crowded! Strollers and scooters had all but blocked off the restrooms. It seemed to be more of a result of a smaller waiting area as opposed to the restaurant being backed up, but that's something to consider, especially if you will need to park a stroller or scooter on your visit.

Pros:

Food, Service

Cons:

Small waiting area
1 2,434 2,435 2,436 2,437 2,438 2,455