Most Recent Reviews

Review of Minnie's Seasonal Dining at Hollywood and Vine

Reviewed by Crawale Review Date: 11/30/2015

I took my grandsons age 4 and 5 at Thanksgiving. The restaurant was unbelievably cold and we were seated near an air vent. I complained to the server and was told that 'other people are cold too' - if we wanted to move we could again wait to be seated. Supposedly maintenance had been informed but no change in temperature occurred while we were there. Since the entire restaurant was freezing and my grandsons wanted to see the characters we stayed. Characters were the usual, food was ordinary - H&V is not known as superior dining. My fingers turned blue by the end of the meal. We will never return to this restaurant.

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

Service, restaurant temperature, food bad to ordinary.

Review of Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe

Reviewed by John Review Date: 11/30/2015

I had the steak beef fajita and found the beef to be cold and tough. We used to love to eat at least once at Pecos Bill's during our trips to WDW, but will not return in the future.

Pros:

I am trying to think of some

Cons:

food was cold

Review of Boma Flavors of Africa Breakfast - Jambo House

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/04/2015

My party of 6 loved this breakfast buffet! It's now a favorite! This was our first time here at AKL so it was fun to see the lobby and restaurant. We had a short wait before being seated. The host and waitress were very nice. My DD19 has food allergies so the chef took her through the buffet to let her know what she can have. And made her a few additional items that he brought out for her. Can't beat that! The juice blend is very good! My personal favs were: oak grilled asparagus and tomatoes, french toast bread pudding, the scrambled eggs, a cornbread dish that I've forgotten the name of, and all the fresh fruit! Mickey and Simba waffles were also a hit with my family. The youngest was celebrating a b-day and they brought him out this very cute Mickey oreo cookie creation and sang to him,very nice touch!

Pros:

Great selection of familiar and adventurous offerings!

Cons:

non that I can think of

Review of Raglan Road

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/04/2015

I'll keep the negative to a minimum but for those of you who go to Downtown disney often and think you know the area well, it's completely changed!Not just the name. There is no quickly getting to someplace and leaving like we used to do all the time with the counter service locations and lego store. There's a huge monstrosity of a parking garage and lots of walking to get to your destination!
So if you know what you are getting yourself into ( we did not) and want to have a fun non Disney themed evening I highly recommend Raglan Road! The staff is wonderful! The entertainment of singing and dancing was so much fun! And the food is incredible! DS 12 had the heavenly ham and loved it. He couldn't finish it! a few of us had the Lambo and said the lamb was great!I had the It's not bleeding chowder. Wow! It was one of my favorite meals all week! Lots of tender flavorful seafood! For dessert half of us got the Dunbrody's Jaffa kiss and they loved it! Lots of chocolate! I had the Trifle and it was good. My DH and DD had the chocolate cake with berries. They raved about it!

Pros:

Fun And Lively atmosphere and great food and service!

Cons:

Disney springs is now a big pain in the neck to navigate!

Review of ABC Commissary

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/04/2015

We haven't been here in a while. After seeing a youtube review by all ears I decided to give it a try after seeing the Osborne Lights. My party of 6 is glad we did! Half of us had the Roasted Salmon and loved it! A little broccoli was left but otherwise the plates were cleaned! You get a nice sized salmon fillet, a lot of broccoli and quinoa pilaf which we liked. Two had the steak and thought it was good for counter service food. And one got a bacon cheeseburger that he loved. The fries were great. The no sugar added parfait was wonderful!

Pros:

Good food fast

Review of Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/04/2015

My party of 6 went here on a evening magic hours night. So Bay 1 was closed when we got there. That is the food we usually order. But not to worry there were other options available. DH and 2 DS had the big bacon cheeseburgers.They liked them. DD had the pork bbq sandwich and she loved it! DS12 had to order a children's meal in order to get his chicken nuggets so that's what he got and liked it. I ended up with the Greek Salad. It was a good vegetarian option for those who are vegetarian or prefer some non- meat meals. The salad was really good! I had the carrot cake so did others it was good.

Pros:

Big menu with a lot of options

Cons:

Can be loud and pretty crazy

Review of Coral Reef - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/04/2015

My party of 6 was seated in the second level from the tanks. So we had a great view of the marine life and it was as usual calming and a lovely setting. I had the Pan-seared Salmon with mushroom risotto. It was wonderful! Most everyone else got the Seafood scampi and loved it! DD got the pork tenderloin and liked it. Desserts we got: Sorbet, the chocolate wave, turtle cheesecake and coconut mango chiffon cake with raspberry sauce, yum! We also got Virgin strawberry daiquiris and I got a virgin Pina Colada which I loved. One of favorite restaurants!

Pros:

Beautiful Restaurant! Good food!

Cons:

Gets very crowded and often run late

Review of Chefs de France - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/04/2015

Half of my party of 6 got the pre-fix menu. They ordered Lobster bisque, Beef short ribs with polenta and creme brulee. They loved it! Two of us got the grilled tenderloin of beef which they enjoyed. I had the duck with cherries. My dinner was wonderful! My DD and I had the assortment of sorbet for dessert. Wow! What a perfect dessert! Loved it! The flavors really popped and it was so refreshing! We were seated in the glass enclosed area and had a nice view of the nightly Illumination fireworks show. Our waitress was friendly and prompt! Great dinner, we love coming here!

Pros:

Very pretty restaurant! Excellent food!

Cons:

Hectic and crowded

Review of Landscape of Flavors - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/04/2015

This was my favorite part of Art of Animation resort. The food was much nicer than the usual blah burgers and fries stuff!My party of 6 ate lunch here twice and got lunch to go from the pre-made sandwiches and wraps our last day. And used our refillable mugs here. After having stayed at All-Star Music a number of times I can see they tried to improve traffic flow at this food court. We had the make your own salad which was a big hit. Make your own pasta which my DD thought was so-so. The Mongolian beef with rice and spinach with paneer cheese was wonderful! So was the Mongolian grilled fish! Kids liked the individual pizzas. The Surf and surf burger was huge! The cupcakes were also big and good. I had the no sugar added panna cotta twice and loved it! The to go sandwiches were good. The wraps were ok.

Pros:

Great food court! Nice and unusual choices.

Cons:

The music got to be pretty annoying. Remembering to not throw out plates etc

Review of Sunshine Seasons

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/04/2015

We decided to have a snack time here on our latest trip. We usually have a lunch or two but booked all table service for those meals this time. i had the strawberry shortcake, yum! Others had the cheesecake, big chocolate chip cookies, huge cupcake. All of our selections were good. They have Honest tea here which I like as well.

Pros:

Large colorful food court with a large selection

Cons:

can be confusing with so many choices and stations
1 2,433 2,434 2,435 2,436 2,437 2,455