Reviews of La Hacienda de San Angel

Other Menus at La Hacienda de San Angel

La Hacienda de San Angel

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/09/2022

The Atmosphere here is lovely. Where things went a bit downhill for us started with the service. It was fine, not the Disney type of service we had become use to since arriving. My daughter is vegetarian, she basically told her she good give her a double kids meal of a quesdilla. She asked for fruit as a side, she got corn. She didn't want to make a fuss about it, so we didn't say anything. She asked for salsa and sour cream, which the server brought, but brought it with our appitizer, so we had eaten half of it by the time her meal arrived. I'm sure we could have asked for more, but again, no one came and asked how we were doing during the meal. I got the pork tacos, which were good, not great. My daughers quesadilla was just that....cheese and tortillas.

Pros:

Ambiance

Cons:

Not great for vegetarians, service was not Disney standards (could have just been our serve. Expensive for food that was just good, not great.

Reviewed by debg33 Review Date: 11/01/2021

This was the first time dining here as we usually dine at San Angel Inn. Since we could not get a reservation there we decided to try this one. We had dinner here on Oct. 23rd. It was a great experience. The menu is somewhat different but a nice change from San Angel. We ordered the Queso Fundido and the Flautas for appetizers. Both were very good. Overall we agreed the Queso was the winner of the 2. Two of us ordered the Tacos de Langosta (fried lobster). They were delicious. One in our party ordered the Tacos de Cameron (shrimp) and they were also wonderful. Another ordered the Pollo Poblano and raved how tasty it was. The other person in our party of 5 ordered the Carne Asada and found it flavorful and cooked to perfection. We ordered the 50th anniversary dessert to share. It was very good. Some in the party did not like the cake but I thought overall it was very good. We had a late reservation and they did not rush us. We were even able to enjoy "Harmonius" while enjoying our coffee and dessert. We will definitely dine here again.

Pros:

food, service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/14/2021

Despite making reservations for this advanced, there wasn't hardly anyone in the restaurant. I was surprised to see that the menu was very limited to dairy free allergies. Only one dish that was dairy free, but was also vegan. The food was good, but our service was a bit slow. We end up being there for hours and half even though the restaurant only had 3 other families dining there. We chose to take our food with us in the park, only to have the content dumped all over the bag ( the bag wouldn't keep the containers upright). Next time, we probably wouldn't revisit this restaurant again.

Pros:

Good food

Cons:

Not enough choices for dairy free allergies, long wait for food considered the small amount of people inside, wish the take out bag was better constructe

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/12/2021

The dishes you see in the pictures left by guests.. well if going to La Hacienda post covid forget it.. all dishes portions got reduced by almost half (not prices, these went up) , the Parillada for 2 people which before pandemic was served with 8 pieces of shrimp got REDUCED to 4 med to small shrimps (2 shrimps each person LOL) for $64 dollars the platter came with a LOT of corn (about 2 cans) 4 shrimps and 4 small scallops plus a small piece of fish to share.. well if you like to overpay for corn knock yourself out... it would be hilarious if not at a cost of $64!!! The server was honest to explain that portions got reduced post pandemic.. but didn’t warn us about it before suggesting us to order this dish.. just ridiculous that Disney has done that.. really??? ripping off guests to recoup covid losses?

Pros:

Beautiful.. water view.

Cons:

Pricey and not worth the money, manager informed us the food portions got reduced post covid!! *** not prices

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/08/2021

Great food, great indoor decor, good drinks

Pros:

Great indoor space, festive way to begin vacation.

Cons:

Sometimes crowded

Reviewed by mhw Review Date: 05/29/2021

My family dined at La Hacienda in May 2021. While our view of the World Showcase lake was great, the food was on okay. The margaritas, chips and guacamole were wonderful. However, the food including the shrimp tacos (recommended by our server) and the Parrillada Del Mar were not up to Disney's standards and food at other EPCOT restaurants like Le Cellier, Rose and Crown Pub, etc.

Pros:

Margaritas, Chips and Guacamole.

Cons:

While drinks and appetizers were good, the entrees were not that good.

Reviewed by SarahDe Review Date: 05/10/2021

I was so disappointed in this restaurant. I got the flautas and I couldn’t even eat them. They had chunks of gristle and rubbery fat. I gagged. I traded plates with my husband. He ordered the fish tacos. They were ok, but way way to sweet with that pineapple relish and didn’t have enough aoli sauce. Also, the flour tortillas were thick and doughy. I only gave this restaurant a 3, instead of a 1 because the margaritas were pretty good.

Pros:

Good margaritas and good guacamole.

Cons:

Bad food and expensive.

Reviewed by CapitolFred Review Date: 05/10/2021

If you don't have good Mexican food where you live, then maybe this works. However, for everyone else, La Hacienda is subpar food with a huge price tag. For the ambiance, I give in a 9 out of 10. But the quality of the food is so much better at your local mom and pop taco shop. Overall, I would give La Hacienda a pass.

Pros:

Great ambiance and the margaritas aren't half bad.

Cons:

Basically everything else on the menu.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/09/2021

I used to enjoy the food here so traditional. Not anymore

Pros:

Server was great

Cons:

Food choices were pretty limited to plant based, seafood and a few steak items. There were four of us I ordered the \"chicken\" enchiladas, corn tortillas rolled with chicken cheese on top melted and awful. I left the whole dinner on the plate. The others ordered a steak dish that was tough and bland. My sangria was pineapple juice. This is not a repeatable restaurant.

Reviewed by PoorNanaPoorFather Review Date: 02/17/2021

The food was pretty good, but it felt like a typical Tex-Mex restaurant without much of an atmosphere. To be fair, I live where Mexican restaurants are on every corner, so this didn't seem special. Super high prices. Having a seat by the water would be nice, but most seats are not by the water.

Pros:

Cons:

Typical chain restaurant atmosphere.