Most Recent Reviews

Review of Le Cellier Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by kjpc Review Date: 01/22/2016

We get to Orlando every few years or so and we had tried many years and times to get a reservation here and were unsuccessful. This time we finally got lucky and got a reservation.
I asked the waitress what they were best known for and she guided me to the filet and the fries with cheese & bacon. Just DELICIOUS. Wonderful. Not the kind of dining most can afford that regularly but this is the place to splurge and spoil yourself a little. We didn;t try any desert as we were full from our meal. But we left very satisfied.

Pros:

very good quality food

Cons:

it costs a lot

Review of Tusker House Lunch and Dinner Buffet

Reviewed by kjpc Review Date: 01/22/2016

My family and I ate dinner here with a reservation on New Years Day. Being that it was a holiday, a number of places had already been booked so we kind of took this reservation as not much else was available.
I should point out that I am allergic to nuts. A chef came out to guide me through all the selections and he was very informative. My non allergic family just loaded up on what looked good. There was a very nice selection for all of us and most of the items tasted good. Some of the items had a bot of an exotic theme.
Now unfortunately for me almost all had the deserts had nuts so I had an alternative desert brought to me that was nut free and also taste free. Still we had a nice meal here so I'd give the place a positive rating.

Pros:

good variety

Cons:

all the desserts had nuts

Review of Monsieur Paul France - Dinner

Reviewed by EJC1077 Review Date: 01/20/2016

Party of 7 ate here early December 2015. Highlights of the meal was the Lobster with mushroom foam appetizer. very generous portion of lobster and the mushroom foam was very light and flavorful. Our son a very picky eater tried the Soupe aux truffles and found it very good. Between the 7 of us we tried just about all the entrees and everyone was very happy with their selections. Personally i had the red snapper with potato scale. I found it to be outstanding. rounding out the meal I had La sphere, both beautiful and delightfully decadent. All agreed it was one of the best meals we have ever had on site.

Pros:

Outstanding Meal from start to finish

Review of Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas

Reviewed by kjpc Review Date: 01/22/2016

We've stayed here a few times also. The big advantages are the good size of the units. If your children are a little older and you want them on the OTHER side of the room, this works. The kitchen is great for making a quick breakfast or snacks also.
As opposed to the Disney resorts, the pool may be a little less and you don;t get the extras offered when you stay on the property but it's a good off site option. It's really not far to any of the parks or destinations.

Pros:

large size of units

Cons:

you don't get the freebies offered to guests of disney or universal

Review of Boatwright's Dining Hall Dinner

Reviewed by mgilmore Review Date: 01/24/2016

I dined here on Dec 7th 2015.
My reservation was at 5 pm at restaurant opening for dinner.

I was seated just a few moments after I checked in. Staff were pleasant and my server was attentive. Bread service consisted of warm cornbread and butter. It was very tasty.
For entree I had the Voodoo chicken which consisted of Crispy battered Chicken breast and belgium waffle. It was served with a maple bacon syrup on the side. The syrup was really good!

The meal was a very good portion, hot and very tasty.

I was celebrating, so I decided to have dessert. I had a dessert I don't see listed on the All Ears menu. It was a peanut butter mousse cake with a Dark chocolate sauce and 3 very large raspberries on top. My server also presented me with a complimentary glass of champagne with a strawberry on the glass.

Since I am an AP holder I got 10% discount on my meal. This was my first time dining at Boatwright's. I really enjoyed the meal and the good service.

Pros:

Delicious food and good service

Review of 'Ohana Dinner

Reviewed by bmdisney Review Date: 01/25/2016

this has become my family's favorite spot. we were able to see the MK fireworks during a mid-December visit at 10:00. service was great and food was plentiful.

one very small complaint - the host gave me a pager and also took my cell # to text when our table was open. we received the text and went to the appointed place. the man in charge there told me our table was not ready. i showed him my text and he sort of rudely told me, "you can't go by that system." i politely told him i was only going by what the host told me. he sort of sneered and told me "there is no way that system is going to work for a restaurant this large." sounds like something to take up with management - not to harshly tell me about.

didn't mean to focus too much on that one minor complaint. everyone else was great.

Pros:

our favorite

Cons:

none for me

Review of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by wrgates Review Date: 01/25/2016

The resort is huge, it is a long walk anywhere you go. There are not any lines for the buses and no designated pick up spot. So when the bus pulls up it is just a free for all. We were in a preferred room, wasn't worth the extra money we paid. Was still a long walk to the front.

Pros:

Pools, Quiteness

Cons:

The size, the number of bus stops, distance to the food court and lobby

Review of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by bmdisney Review Date: 01/25/2016

We stayed in the Alligator Bayou section mid December 2015. All my interactions with front desk staff, gift shop, food court were excellent. The walk from room to the main lobby was long for us (but we didn't mind). The Alligator Bayou section has winding paths - you won't always be able to take the most "direct" route. The boat to Disney Springs is a relaxing ride. I would most definitely stay at Riverside again.

Pros:

beautiful resort!

Cons:

does require a good bit of walking

Review of Ghirardelli Soda Fountain

Reviewed by kjpc Review Date: 01/25/2016

Very good sundaes, shakes and ice cream. Not for the diet conscious.

Pros:

excellent quality

Cons:

gets crowded

Review of Chip and Dale Harvest Feast at The Garden Grill

Reviewed by bmdisney Review Date: 01/25/2016

my 8 year old son and i went for the first time in mid-December. loved the food! the characters all had great interactions with my son. i also have a daughter who was unable to be with us. i was talking to her on Face Time when Chip and Dale came by and they "talked" to her too.

my son really enjoyed the rotating effect and seeing the different scenes from Living with the Land.

our server was great when on site. the only negative is he disappeared for a long period of time - nearly 40 minutes - and it took a long time to get our check to leave. we had hoped to make Illuminations but this kept us from doing so.

Pros:

great meal, characters were fun

Cons:

server disappeared
1 2,435 2,436 2,437 2,438 2,439 2,441