Reviews of Disney Dining Plan

This area is for REVIEWS only. Please do not submit questions.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/22/2019

August was my first experience with the dining plan. We came out $156 ahead but we ate and drank more than we normally would have. I wouldn't buy the dining plan again but when WDW offers free dining, it's very worthwhile.

Pros:

Pucks Express at Disney Springs is an excellent use of a counter service credit. So many of the Signature 2 credit restaurants are not worth it (based on past dining experiences)

Cons:

too much food

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/05/2019

All good till system goes down

Pros:

Disney wins

Cons:

Disney wins

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/18/2019

We love the dining plan!! Especially when it’s discounted 😬😬 it gives your vacation that “all inclusive” feel. It’s nice to go and just be able to order what you want without worry about the price! We love to have a sit down meal to just rest and take a break from the busyness of the parks.

Pros:

Tons of food to choose from! Plus- there’s tons of food! You won’t be hungry with the dining plan.

Cons:

There’s tons of food 😂

Reviewed by SusanD Review Date: 06/13/2019

We have found it is too much food for an individual meal and not worth the overall price.

Pros:

Prepaid meals

Cons:

Too much food and too expensive

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 05/07/2019

We did not use the dining plan this visit, as we stayed at Orange Lake Resort. I missed the dining plan, and we found that we spent far more on food without it. Even with the price per day rising, the dining plan is a bargain, if you use all the credits. Granted, you have to use two sit-down meal credits to eat at a signature restaurant, but even so, it is still a bargain. My husband and I went to Disney World for six days of table service meals, fast food lunches, beverages and snacks, and budgeted $750 for all of it. We blew through that by breakfast on our fifth day, and we were not ordering the most expensive meals. We ate fast food lunches, and dinners were at: Raglan Road, Boma, Mama Melrose's, Citricos, Tiffins, and Tokyo Dining. So, we did eat at two signature restaurants. Spending cash on beverages at the theme parks is mind-bogglingly expensive when you are used to getting a beverage with a snack credit. With the dining plan now including some alcoholic beverages, it is even more distressing to pay full-price for a beer or glass of wine.

In the past, we used snack credits for breakfast at our resort food court, ate a fast food lunch, and a table-service dinner. We felt over-fed sometimes, but other than that, the dining plan worked well. I wish Disney offered some version of a dining plan for people who stay off-property.

Pros:

Good value

Cons:

Only available if you stay in the World

Reviewed by Htipper Review Date: 04/24/2019

We found the dining plan excellent. It was our 4th trip but 1st time on the dining plan and based on what we have spent on previous trips it was worth it for us

Pros:

Easier to budget as all pre-paid Meant we didn’t feel bad ordering the most expensive items on the menu Easy to use

Cons:

Only problem is tips aren’t included so you still need to factor that into the budget

Reviewed by BabieO Review Date: 04/18/2019

We always go with the dining plan, I like to have everything pre paid before I arrive. We use our counter service for breakfast at the hotel & then the sit down dinner at night. We have eaten at many restaurants I never would have tried without the dining plan

Pros:

Everything is prepaid, the savings

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

We enjoy the Disney Dining Plan because our trip all inclusive and I do not have to budget funds for food. My family are in the Customer Service arena and enjoy it.

Pros:

Convenience

Cons:

Doing everthing on line ahead of time. Can not wing it.

Reviewed by morgaa2 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We love that the dining plan means we don't need to spend time crunching numbers and picking the lowest cost option. However, to make the dining plan worth the bang for your buck you need to be judicious about where you choose to use your credits. A "snack credit" on an apple is not going to give you the value that a $6.00 pretzel is. If you like to do character meals and ever attend during the food and wine festival the dining plan is worth it. It is also worth it when "free dining" is available. I wouldn't bother if you are not a big eater or have small children. I recommend looking at menus and prices before you go and deciding if you are really going to be saving any money. The dining plan goes up in price every year so although we love the convenience it may not be worth it next visit.

Pros:

Convenience and ability to choose options without considering price. Can be good value if you plan properly

Cons:

Prices increase every year, and is not worth it for those with small appetites.

Reviewed by Jenn Review Date: 09/29/2018

Love being able to use sit down credits on character meals. Saves us time from needing to stand in meet and greet lines. Also we use ours for breakfast some can have early access to parks and get iconic castle and tree of life pictures without others in the background. For lunch with smaller children we tend to split meals since some can be so large and then we have extra meal credits if we need something extra later on.

Pros:

No meet and greet lines, early access to park, already budgeted in

Cons:

N/a

Other topics in Disney Dining Plan