Reviews of Disney Dining Plan

This area is for REVIEWS only. Please do not submit questions.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

I love the dining plan. The regular dining plan is just right. The kids are never hungry. I don't have to save money for our next meal.

Pros:

After I make our reservation I don't have to worry about meals.

Cons:

Planet Hollywood was the only place we had to wait even though I called 6 months before. Never again.

Reviewed by CustodialQueen Review Date: 09/25/2018

We love having the DDP and cannot go without it! We find that it is worth the value for us; we are big fans of the buffet and family-style meals (which cost more and usually include characters). We also find that saving your snack credits for higher cost options such as the Dole whip or funnel cakes. We love that it is all connected to the Magic Band and everything is seamlessly integrated! We find we enjoy planning our meals by making reservations, which help us sustain good energy levels and good vibes.

Pros:

Good value, includes almost every restaurant on property, less money to carry around, makes scheduling meals a priority which leaves no cranky kids :)

Cons:

Tip not included (but it totally was during the initial roll-out years back) which can be pretty pricey for some meals

Reviewed by feenie20 Review Date: 04/05/2017

When our trip plans do not allow for a lot of table service meals, I tend to get the quick service dining plan. However in March we wanted to take things a little slower and do some sit down meals.
I don't do the dining plan to save money. I use it because I hate paying out of pocket at the point of service for food on vacation. I want to relax and enjoy rather than talk myself out of something that I might enjoy.
My husband and I often share meals, so we are usually able to try more places and enjoy different foods.
I really liked that we had 2 snacks per person and no desert with the quick service meal. We used snack credits to try some treats at the flower and garden festival kiosks.

Pros:

convenient

Reviewed by mommom Review Date: 03/05/2017

got the food plan because I didn't feel the price for a child's meal was worth the price. this way with the dining plan the children get 2 snacks, a refillable mug, a quick service meal and a sit down character meal. otherwise I would have paid $24.00 just for 1 meal. oh yeah I thought I got my money's worth just with the children meal alone.

a 3 year old doesn't eat as much as a 9 year old. I feel they price should be change to reflect the eating habits of a 3 year old.
even a 11 yr old doesn't eat as much as a adult and to charge them an adult price isn't fair.

had a party of 2 with us, that didn't have the dining plan. was 1 adult and 11 yr old. if they 11 yr old ate more than 4 things her mother was lucky. so her mother paid $47.00 for her dinners and she hardly ate anything. I guess she paid for the experiences of eating at Disney restaurants.

Pros:

amount of food

Cons:

tip not included

Reviewed by Injector Review Date: 02/18/2017

I gave the plan a 5 because there were good things and there were bad things about the plan. The good thing was convience only activating the key pad and putting in your pass code. The bad thing was way to much food and the time to use the table service part of the plan. I don't care to spend this much on park tickets to sit at a table. There was 2 of us. We paid $800 for the plan for 6 days. We did eat more than we paid for the plan. I wrote on each receipt the cost of the meal. With the plan you are almost forced to eat to get what you paid for the plan. I would not recommend the plan. Our son, daughter in law and 3 kids took the plan. Between all of us there was a lot of food wasted. We ate many desserts that we would not normally order. Yes food is very expensive in WDW, but if I were not on the plan I think I would have only spent half as much.

Pros:

Convience

Cons:

Need to use table service

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 10/02/2016

We have been using dp since 2006. It has changed through the years and not all for the good. I do like the fact that meals are prepaid for but doesn't include tips so you still have to either carry $ with you or charge them. Also having an alcoholic drinks also isn't included so have to pay oop or charge. What I really don't like is when servers get confused when you order extra items not included and they bring out separate bills with tips on both. I just wish it was all inclusive. Or Ala Carte also make recommendations for F&W should have plan just for festival where you could be able to use those credits. We did use our snack credits which worked but wasn't enough

Pros:

Convenience

Cons:

Doesn't include tips, alcohol

Reviewed by abipes07 Review Date: 09/03/2016

Disney Dining Plan Review – I was recently at Walt Disneyworld and utilized the 2016 Dining Plan. With this plan we had 1 quick service, 1 table service, and snack each day of our stay. I would recommend these plans for anyone who is planning on staying at a Disney Resort and planning on visiting the parks. During our stay we were able to utilize the table service meals to have meals with Disney character’s. This was the highlight of our trip and my children loved meeting all of the characters. In addition, having prepurchased our meals it allowed us to better control our budget and plan out how much money we needed to bring with for the trip. The only out of pocket meal planning we had to budget for was money for tips. When deciding if these plans are right for you consider the types of meals you plan on eating and where you would like to eat.

Pros:

ease of use, better planned budget

Reviewed by michellemouse Review Date: 01/11/2016

Love the dinning plan. That said I can remember when you received unlimited meals way back when on my first visit to Disney World. Like the Water Parks and more option loosing Disney Quest access the Dinning plan is also less than before. It is still a good value and plenty of food. Was Super Excited!!! to read that soft drinks and deserts included in your meal could be exchanged for snack credits BUT then I checked with Disney's chat service and was told this is NOT True! Please correct your information so you don't mislead people.

Pros:

Super convienent.

Cons:

Gets more limited each time I visit.

Reviewed by Koon Review Date: 01/01/2016

We did the DDP for the first time recently, since we got it free. It was so nice to eat at many restaurants we wouldn't consider when paying out of pocket. But that aside, it's great that so many character meals are included as well as buffets, which is great for families with kids under three who eat at no cost. I would crunch the numbers, but if you're considering the QS plan and a couple of character meals out of pocket, this might work better. My only complaint was that we're so rigidly tied to the schedule since you San no longer witch reservations day-of. I would book at hotels for the most part next time, so there's more flexibility with which park you visit before and after.

Pros:

Convenient, character meals

Cons:

Rigid schedule

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 11/18/2015

The dining plan can be great and not great at the same time. It requires preplanning to ensure you get the most out of the table service credits and your money’s worth since the dining plan isn’t cheap. We also spent a great deal of time during our trip checking how many snack credits and quick service credits we had and if we would use them all by the end of the trip. Since we didn’t spend much time at our resort, we only used our refillable mugs a couple of times. It’s nice not having to worry about how much money you’re going to spend on a meal and we tried several places we wouldn’t normally try, which is a huge plus. There were a few times we ordered items not because we wanted to, but to make certain we used all our credits. We used most of our snack credits on items at the F&W which made it nice to try different offerings, but dessert with every meal can be a challenge, even when you’re on vacation. With a little planning, okay a lot of planning, you can make this work but you can also eat for less with a little planning. The dining plan isn’t for everyone, but as with the rest of your vacation a little planning can go a long way.

Pros:

Plenty of food

Other topics in Disney Dining Plan