Reviews of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Reviewed by ccooney1307 Review Date: 02/17/2021

I love the parties after hours ! This one was so fun, athough a little crowded. We focused on rides, checking out the stage show, parade and special meet and greets. We skipped the trick or treating since the kids didnt need more candy and I'm glad we focused on other things.

Pros:

great entertainment, awesome rare characters, fantastic parade

Cons:

Busier than we expected for a special ticket event, no fastpasses

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/18/2020

I think this really depends what your plans are. You aren't going to be able to do everything in one night. Planning on riding every ride, meeting every character, eating all the snacks/food, and watching the stage show & parade is just NOT possible in the amount of time you have. If you're able to go more than once during your trip, I think that's the best way to get everything done. One night you meet characters, one night you do rides. I know this isn't feasible for everyone, but if you're only going once, you have to really choose what you want to do the most. I loved space mountain, and I thought the pirates overlay was overrated. Parade is super cute, stage show is AWESOME.

Pros:

Ride Overlays are great, snacks are great, shows and parade are great

Cons:

Crowd levels are pretty high

Reviewed by Purpie Review Date: 09/23/2020

Whether this is for you depends on your situation financially and what you’re most interested in. Let me explain!

Me, only responsible for my ticket, is affordable. I go with family and they are a party of 4 and the cost adds up. With them, I enjoy the atmosphere, dance party or two and trick-or-treating. On my own, not so appealing.

The parade is great and the atmosphere really puts you in a Halloween mood even if you don’t care about Halloween (me!). We end up with a large haul of good candy, but I could have spend much less and bought candy on my own. You’re paying for the thrill of trick-or treating as an adult!

If you’re a dance party fan, you might really enjoy this.

There are also the special treats, but that’s an extra cost too.

Basically, you’d probably get the best value if you are really into Halloween, dance parties or just want to pay extra to (hopefully) have shorter lines on attractions. Overall, you’re money is getting you a fast pass on some rides, overpriced candy and special treats. The parade is a bonus but not worth the ticket.

I enjoy it but not a must as a neutral Halloween person. With others and paying my ticket, I’ll go. Add 2 more, and that’s a no.

Pros:

Puts you in a Halloween spirit, get to trick or treat like a kid and wear a costume, unique parade, unique treats, dance parties, shorter ride times

Cons:

Expensive

Reviewed by MagicPreppy Review Date: 06/03/2020

Went on Sept 22, 2019 (two adults). This is the event that convinced me to be a Disney Annual Pass holder.

Spent the day at Blizzard Beach, and went to the MK about 2 hours before the event started with my special event ticket. Went on Splash mountain, Aladdin, and small world even before the event started (fast passes available).

Once the event started, pirates, people mover, Peter pan, and a few other things were basically walk on. Haunted mansion and space mountain had lines, but tbey moved quickly and we had fun on those as well.

Ate some of the special event food for dinner and I loved it. The Boo to you parade may be the best Disney parade (got a great view for parade 2) and the stage show with Hocus Pocus IS the best stage show. Ended up with about 10 lbs of candy. I have allergies, so the teal coin system worked great for me.

Also, being at Disney in costume was awesome!

Pros:

Candy, parade, stage show

Cons:

may be late for young kids

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/17/2020

My family had an amazing time! We were at the park all day with a 2 & 5 year old.

Pros:

Fun experience, staying late, wearing costumes, kids loved it.

Cons:

Expensive. One and done for my family due to cost.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/23/2020

I've had nothing but positive experiences with MNSSHP, but can absolutely see it not being for everyone. It truly is crucial when you go. For the past 3 years i've gone around the second weekend in october and have always enjoyed myself. I believe it is worth the price because I feel that despite it being less time than a park day, you get more done because it is less people. Best way to get your money's worth is to go as early as they will let you in and leave at closing. I also don't feel that the fireworks are that special, but if you only plan on going to this once and like the fireworks in general, maybe try to see them. I like this party because despite florida always being hot, it gets cooling at night. The lights are always pretty and it makes things very magical.

Pros:

special experience, usually lower crowds, really fun for whole family.

Cons:

Have to plan a good time of year, can be expensive, may feel you don't get money's worth

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/20/2020

Waste of time and money. You are better off just going during the day. Crazy overcrowded. Hard to ride or meet more than 2 characters.

Pros:

Free candy. Met rarer characters

Cons:

So overcrowded

Reviewed by colemamma Review Date: 01/28/2020

My teen daughter and I attended MNSSHP October 1st 2019. We enjoyed visiting the candy stations and ended up with 8lbs of candy between the both of us. The party was sold out and Magic Kingdom was packed with people. We didn't expect to ride 7Dwarves Mine or visit any of the characters. Those had lines that were crazy long. We did visit quite a few attractions though- Pirates, People Mover, Buzz Lightyear, Pooh, Haunted Mansion (very long line), Peter Pan, and Small World. We watched the second parade. For us, it was a nice one time experience. I don't know that we feel the need to ever do it again. I would avoid this event like the plague if I had small children or used a scooter or wheelchair. It was not well lit and almost every area was difficult to navigate on foot. Lines were often confusing, especially near Carousel of Progress (candy line)/People Mover. Cast members seemed to be happy and added to the festive atmosphere.

Pros:

fun trick or treating for adults/teens, every cast member we saw was into the Halloween spirit, Haunted Mansion overlay, great parade

Cons:

they really over-sell these events, just too crowded

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/17/2019

This was our second MNSSHP. We attended opening night in August 2019. The crowds were worse than a High Crowd Day -- you felt like cattle, the entire night, being herded through long (although moving) candy lanes. You got handfuls of candy that you can get at any grocery store. Lines to meet characters were hours long -- and ultimately it's just some guy in a costume. Lines for pictures were long. Lines for the bathroom were long. Lines for rides were long. It was a miracle for you just to get a good spot for the parade --- and I'm not a newbie at Disney either -- we had consulted several touring plans and had KennythePirate's plan in hand. It put a real damper on the entire vacation --- spending lots of money to stand in line all night. It just seems that they want your money instead of making it a little bit more exclusive (like the Early Morning Magic)...uggh...sorry Mickey, but not again. Our first MNSSHP in 2013 was so magical and we loved every single second of it. The 2019 party was terrible.

Pros:

Cons:

Long lines, super crowded

Reviewed by magicalcouple Review Date: 11/27/2019

We attended the party on Oct 29, 2019, which was a Tuesday. Not WDW's fault, but it was INSANELY hot! Sheesh.

Moving on, the place was packed. It didn't feel like a special event of days gone by, it felt more crowded than I felt it was during the day for regular hours. For a special event, it didn't feel very special.

We went to meet Moana at the party and were told it was a 20 minute wait but it took over an hour- which KILLS way too much of your party time!!! My kids found it to be worth it but I certainly did not.

Cast members were not stingy with their candy and it was plentiful! The lines for the candy were fine and moved quickly with tons of stations around.

I agree with so many others who say the parties are oversold and if that continues to be true, this party is not worth it.

Pros:

Lots of Trick or Treat Stations, Tons of Candy, New Fireworks, Headless Horseman, Mickey's Philharmagic Playing Halloween Movies

Cons:

Oversold and EXTREMELY crowded, lengthy lines for character meet and greets, lengthy queue times

Other topics in Special Events at Walt Disney World