An EPCOT restaurant is changing in a big way!
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall reopened in 2022 with a family-style meal (previously some things were served buffet-style here but that has changed) and those fantastic Disney princesses. At the time, only dinner returned to this restaurant but soon that’ll be changing!
Disney has announced that starting May 14th, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall will be welcoming guests for breakfast once again! That’s right — there will soon be another spot to eat breakfast in EPCOT soon with Akershus bringing back its morning service.
The Disney website for the restaurant has been updated to note that both breakfast AND lunch will return to Akershus starting May 14th.
Disney also shared a few images of the breakfast items that’ll be available. These seem to include heart-shaped waffles, eggs, and bacon (and what appear to be some cheesy potatoes potentially in the back)…
…along with pastries, cheeses, meats, and fruit.
Though breakfast (like dinner) used to feature a cold buffet back in the day, Disney has not expressly stated that it’ll be returning. If the return of the dinner service was any indication, however, breakfast could also come back as a family-style service served exclusively at your table (no buffet), but we’ll be on the lookout for more details.
For more Disney World news, see our posts below, and check back for the latest updates!
More Disney World News
- A Magic Kingdom Icon Has Gone MISSING and All That’s Left Is a Hazy Cosmic Trace
- Exclusive Look INSIDE the NEW Pop-Up Bar in Hollywood Studios
- 2 Ways the Star Wars Hotel Was DOOMED from the Start
- You Can Get Starbucks Tumblers 40% Off in Disney World Right Now
- Check Out the NEW Location for a REOPENED Disney Springs Store
- The Disney World App Update That Has Us Counting Down to 2024
- A NEW Indiana Jones-Themed Experience Is Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- EXCLUSIVE New Holiday Treats Are Coming SOON to the Disney Parks
- AllEars TV: I Go To Disney World Every Day And This Is The ONLY Way I’ll Do Magic Kingdom
- PHOTOS: A Rare Disney Character Was Greeting Guests in EPCOT!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to get the free list of the Best EPCOT Snacks! Click here to get started!
What do you think about this restaurant change? Tell us in the comments!