We can’t help but be excited each time there is something new and exciting coming to Disney+!
Disney has been doing a LOT of adaptations of past fan-favorite shows and films to breathe new life into them. And, we’re throwing it back to an ’80s classic that will have a new, more modern twist!
Deadline has shared that Disney+ will be adapting the 1986 sci-fi live-action film Flight of the Navigator to have a female lead. The original story plot followed a boy during his adventures with a hilarious, hyper-intelligent alien ship named Max as he traveled eight years into the future.
Bryce Dallas Howard is set to direct and produce the film, as Justin Springer and John Swartz (who is Howard’s partner at her Nine Muses production company) also produce. Howard has already been associated with past Disney+ productions, as she has served as a director on two episodes of The Mandalorian and will helm an episode of The Book of Boba Fett as well.
We’ll keep you updated on more details about the film moving forward! Stay tuned with AllEars for the latest Disney entertainment and news!
What has been your most recent Disney+ watch? Let us know in the comments below!
- New Passholder Section Arrives on Disney World App
- PHOTOS: Medals Revealed For runDisney’s 2022 Princess Half Marathon Weekend
- After YEARS of Waiting…Disney FINALLY Made Hotel-Scented Candles!
- Did You Know That Walt Disney Lived in a LITERAL Fairytale Home?
- RECIPE: Cap’n Jack’s Clam Dip from a Long-Lost Disney Restaurant!
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Yehaa Bob Jackson is Back at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside
- Marvel’s ‘Hawkeye’ Will Premiere With TWO Episodes on Disney+
- NEW Castle Stage Show Confirmed for Disney World’s Very Merriest After Hours
- Disney World QUIETLY Reveals Stage Show for Very Merriest After Hours
- WARNING: Don’t Get Up From Your Seat Too Early after Marvel’s ‘Eternals’