California has been restricted to curfews and restrained business operations under the new Stay-at-Home orders.
Regions were put under the mandate when ICU hospital capacities reached below 15%. The mandate restricted restaurants to delivery and to-go orders, a 10PM curfew was enforced, and more rules were implemented. Southern California, where Disneyland Resort is located, has been under the new mandate when capacities dipped down to 0%. As of today, California lifted regional stay-at-home orders statewide.
According to Orange County Register, the change will let businesses like restaurants resume outdoor dining in many areas. The curfew has also been extended to 5AM. Local officials can choose to enforce stricter rules.
Orange County Register states, “The decision comes with improving trends in the rate of infections, hospitalizations and intensive care unit capacity as well as vaccinations.” Last weekend, ICU capacities surged in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Joaquin Valley reached above 0% for the first time since the mandate was introduced. Southern California remains at 0%.
Disneyland Resort closed many of its dining options in Downtown Disney and Buena Vista Street under the Stay-at-Home order. Guests were only allowed to purchase food and carry it out. Eating and drinking on the premises were prohibited. The lifted mandate means that Disneyland could have the option to resume outdoor restaurant dining soon.
We’ll continue to update you on how the lifted mandate affects Disneyland Resort and more areas.
Disneyland and California News
- NEWS: Bill to Reopen Disneyland Sooner Gains Support of L.A. Supervisors
- Disneyland Resort’s Ticketed Event Will SOUND A Little Different!
- NEWS: Lamplight Lounge Will Reopen Soon at Disney California Adventure!
- NEWS: You Can Meet THESE Characters at Disneyland’s Upcoming Event!
- NEWS: All the DETAILS Announced for Ticketed Disneyland Resort Event
- Legacy Passholders Going to Disney California Event Will Have Access to Special Opportunity
- NEWS: Disneyland’s Grand Californian Gets a NEW Opening Date
- NEWS: Discounts Have Been Extended for Disneyland Annual Passholders
- Would You Model Your Home After a Disney Ride?
- NEWS: Winter Storms Cause Disneyland’s Vaccination Site to Temporarily Close
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!