There’s been a consistent modification to the health and safety guidelines happening in both theme parks and states as a whole.
Recently, California’s ICU capacity dropped down to 0% on Christmas Day, after a stay-at-home order had already been put in place. While the state has expected that there could possibly be an extension to the order, today the government has confirmed that it will continue through next year.
According to the most recent public health conference, California’s stay-at-home order will last through at least another three weeks until ICU capacity is at 15%. The order will stay in place in the San Joaquin Valley and Southern California.
However, while the situation will be assessed daily, four-week projections don’t show ICU capacity significantly increasing since the demand exceeds the capacity currently. However, 0% capacity does not mean that there are zero beds available. It means that those specific regions are in “surge” capacity on average.
At this time, the order remains in Southern California, so that doesn’t necessarily mean it could stretch on the full three weeks. If the above projection factors and requirements are meant, then it could be a shorter period of time.
As California continues to make changes to its health and safety regulations, we’ll be sure to update you on everything you need to know. And, we’ll give you all the details on how these extended restrictions could affect Downtown Disney.
Disneyland Re-Opening News
- Can Out-of-State Visitors Go to Disneyland’s Reopening? Here’s What We Know.
- Special Merchandise is Coming to Disneyland Resort to Celebrate the Reopening!
- Haunted Mansion Cast Members Prepare for Guests to “Hurry Baaack” to Disneyland!
- Here’s Why You Should Stay Off-Property When Disneyland Reopens!
- NEWS: Disneyland Will Introduce Walk-Up Waitlist When the Parks Reopen
- These Rides Won’t Be Reopening With Disneyland Resort. Here’s Why.
- You’ll Have MORE Mobile Order Options When Disneyland Reopens!
- Why This Ride WON’T Reopen With Disneyland Resort
- NEW Disney Dress Code, Rise Boarding Groups, and Other BIG News You Missed!
- All the Places You Can Say “I Do” at the Disney Parks and Resorts!