There’s a lot to look forward to with Disney+.
After Disney’s Investor Day announced that there would be a ton of new Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney entertainment coming over the next few years, we’re not surprised that a lot of fans have been flocking to the streaming service.
Bloomberg has reported that Disney+ garnered 2.3 million global installations of the streaming service’s app over Christmas. According to the market-research firm Sensor Tower, there has been a 28% increase in the downloads from the previous weekend.
This increase is partly due to the fact that Pixar’s Soul was released on Disney+ on Christmas day, bringing in $7.6 million during its theatrical debut around the world.
Since HBOMax also released Wonder Woman 1984 over the past weekend, the film industry has been looking at how streaming services could change the game for movie premieres over the next year.
At this time, Disney+ has around 87 million global subscribers and continues to bring in more viewers. As the streaming service plans to release a few more big-name films like Raya and the Last Dragon, the app downloads and subscriber count may continue to increase! We’ll be sure to give you a look at everything new coming to the Disney+ and theaters soon too!
What is your favorite movie or show or Disney+ right now? Let us know in the comments below!
- PHOTOS: We’ve Got Our First Look at the Set for Disney’s Obi-Wan Kenobi Show!
- 3 Times Disney Forgot to Use Spell Check 😂
- This Life-Like Mural at EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts Will Make You Do a Double-Take!
- This Magic Kingdom Attraction Had the Longest Wait Time in Disney World!
- NEWS: Imagineer Kevin Rafferty Will Be Retiring After 42 Years with the Walt Disney Company
- NEWS! Ubisoft and Lucasfilm Games Will Release a New Story-Driven ‘Star Wars’ Video Game!
- NEWS: Netflix Plans to Release New Movies Every WEEK in 2021
- PHOTOS: Second ‘Harmonious’ Barge Has Appeared in EPCOT’s World Showcase Lagoon!
- BREAKING: New ‘The Soul of Jazz’ Exhibit Announced for EPCOT
- Calling All College Students! Hulu’s Offering Student Subscriptions for Less Than $2 a Month!