It was announced earlier that Disney has decided to shift its focus towards streaming entertainment on Disney+ and other platforms.
The shift first started with the live-action Mulan premiering directly on Disney+. This model will continue with Pixar’s newest animated movie, Soul. We’re tuning into Disney’s Investor Day presentations and it was just announced that the animated film Raya and the Last Dragon will do the same.
Not only will the new movie premiere on Disney+, but it will also premiere the same day in movie theatres for in-person audiences. The movie will offer premiere access on March 5, 2021. Warner Bros. made a similar decision recently and announced that all 17 of their films will premiere on HBO Max as well as in theatres.
Disney’s decision to focus on streaming entertainment is full steam ahead as they move forward with debuting movies and television shows on their new platform. Stay tuned for more Investor’s Day announcements from us!
What do you think of the new movie premiere model? Let us know in the comments!
Disney Media News
- Disney+’s ‘WandaVision’ Topped This Week’s Streaming List!
- Watch a Special Performance From Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ Broadway Cast TOMORROW!
- Marvel Series COULD Get More Than One Season on Disney+!
- VIDEO: Check Out the Trailer for Disney/Pixar’s ‘Luca’!
- 15 Things You Didn’t Know About Disney’s ‘The Lion King’
- VIDEO! Disney+ Releases Trailer for The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers!
- NEWS: The Upcoming ‘Spider-Man’ Sequel Reveals Its Official Title!
- Disney+ Just Announced TONS of Upcoming Release Dates!
- NEWS: Disney Reveals Premiere Date for “Loki”
- Get a Sneak Peek at Pixar’s New Movie Coming THIS Summer!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!