This past week, Disney conducted an Investor Day meeting to discuss the state of the parks, streaming services, and more.
Disney+ has achieved its targeted goal of 60 million to 90 million subscribers four years ahead of schedule (you go, girl)! And, the streaming service has no sign of slowing down any time soon, as evident in all the GIANT news drops during Disney’s Investor Day.
However, we’re here to give you a look at some of the most surprising takeaways that we found out during the event!
Hocus Pocus 2
Y’all, get your capes and cauldrons ready because the Sanderson Sisters are officially BACK and ready for some sinister business! During Investor Day, the film was confirmed to be coming exclusively to Disney+ as it’s directed by Adam Shankman.
Although we’ve recently seen a few of the stars reunite for charity, we hope that more familiar faces return to the movie. We don’t have too many details on the plot of Hocus Pocus 2, but it could be based on the novel that follows as a sequel to the original film.
FOUR WORDS: Hayden Christensen has returned!! (Pinch us, we must be dreaming!) Fans have been speculated for a while that that Anakin would be returning in some capacity to the new Obi-Wan Kenobi show. However, now we know that Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan will be facing off against his former friend, who transformed into Darth Vader, 10 years after Revenge of the Sith.
Hayden Christensen returns as Darth Vader, joining Ewan McGregor in OBI-WAN KENOBI. The Original Series begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Revenge of the Sith, and is coming to #DisneyPlus. pic.twitter.com/9WR2npRUkk
— Star Wars (@starwars) December 10, 2020
We’ve been big fans of Tim Allen’s Buzz Lightyear since Toy Story debuted back in 1995. However, we were THRILLED when Disney announced that there was a new Buzz in town as the baton is passed to Chris Evans!
The upcoming film Lightyear won’t follow the toy Buzz, but the human Buzz instead! The story will be about the actual person that the Buzz Lightyear toy is based on, expanding the Toy Story universe in a way we never knew we needed.
Raya and the Last Dragon
Disney+ has been changing the game on how movies are released since many theaters are closed during this time. While Mulan premiered on the streaming service earlier this year, now Raya and the Last Dragon will be coming to Disney+ with the same Premier Access cost AND in movie theaters the same day on March 5th, 2021.
But, the news doesn’t stop there! Disney released so many details on Disney Princess TV shows, Indiana Jones 5, Peter Pan and Wendy, and more! And, we’ve got a look at everything you need to know about upcoming shows and movies that you’re going to want to see soon.
What news are you the most excited about? Let us know in the comments below!
- PHOTOS: We’ve Got Our First Look at the Set for Disney’s Obi-Wan Kenobi Show!
- 3 Times Disney Forgot to Use Spell Check 😂
- This Life-Like Mural at EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts Will Make You Do a Double-Take!
- This Magic Kingdom Attraction Had the Longest Wait Time in Disney World!
- NEWS: Imagineer Kevin Rafferty Will Be Retiring After 42 Years with the Walt Disney Company
- NEWS! Ubisoft and Lucasfilm Games Will Release a New Story-Driven ‘Star Wars’ Video Game!
- NEWS: Netflix Plans to Release New Movies Every WEEK in 2021
- PHOTOS: Second ‘Harmonious’ Barge Has Appeared in EPCOT’s World Showcase Lagoon!
- BREAKING: New ‘The Soul of Jazz’ Exhibit Announced for EPCOT
- Calling All College Students! Hulu’s Offering Student Subscriptions for Less Than $2 a Month!