California Governor Gavin Newsom recently implemented a new “stay-at-home” order across the state. Stricter mandates will be recognized if a region’s hospital capacity reaches below 15%.
The Southern Californa region, which includes Orange County and thereby Disneyland Resort, reached a capacity of 13.5%. The county is now enacting the new mandates including lowered retail capacity at 20% and no seated dining. Restaurants can remain open for delivery and pick-up orders. We visited Downtown Disney and the reopened Buena Vista Street to note what was open under the new health and safety guidelines.
When we arrived, parking Cast Members were informing guests that they could enter at the Simba Lot, but no eating or drinking would be allowed on the Disneyland property. The only items permitted are sealable water bottles and any food must be purchased at Disneyland then taken off the property before you can eat it.
Hardly any crowds arrived at Buena Vista Street and Downtown Disney. The longest lines we noticed were for the seasonal popcorn buckets and sippers. You can still purchase these items but they will not include the popcorn or beverages.
The only store selling food in Buena Vista Street was Trolley Treats. Packaged candy and snacks are available for purchase and signs prohibiting eating these snacks were posted. Other locations like Fidler, Fifer, and Practical Pig Cafe were closed.
As for Downtown Disney, many restaurants were open around lunchtime when we visited. Earl of Sandwich, Jazz Kitchen Express, Jamba, Sprinkles, Marceline’s Confectionery, and Wetzel’s Pretzels were open for take-out orders.
Black Tap Craft Burgers was open for pick-up. The Crazy Shakes were unavailable for purchase, however.
Salt & Straw had a notice that stated they are currently packaging all orders to-go.
Outdoor kiosks like California Churro, Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs, Kayla’s Cakes were still selling items.
We’ll continue to update you on the new California regulations and how they affect Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: Tom Holland Shares a Sneak Peek at Disneyland’s Spider-Man Ride!
- Disneyland Will Be Ending Annual Passholder Program
- Disneyland’s Vaccine Distribution Site Is Open! Here’s What It Looks Like.
- NEWS: Florida Officials Consider Disney World as Vaccine Distribution Site
- NEWS: Disneyland Resort Will Host Mass Vaccination Site in Orange County
- PHOTO! Big Thunder Mountain Main Attraction Ears Have Been Stocked in Disneyland!
- Legendary Disneyland Photographer Renie Bardeau Has Passed at the Age of 86
- NEWS: California’s Orange County Could Be Under Stay-At-Home Orders For Another Month
- NEWS: California Reports Highest Daily Number of COVID-19 Cases Seen in a US State
- Disney Recipe: Make Your Own Peppermint Marshmallow Wand this Holiday Season
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!