California Governor Gavin Newsom recently implemented a new “stay-at-home” order across the state. Stricter mandates will be recognized if a region’s hospital capacity reaches below 15%.
The Southern Californa region, which includes Orange County and thereby Disneyland Resort, reached a capacity of 13.5%. The county is now enacting the new mandates including lowered retail capacity at 20% and no seated dining. Restaurants can remain open for delivery and pick-up orders. We visited Downtown Disney and the reopened Buena Vista Street to note what was open under the new health and safety guidelines.
When we arrived, parking Cast Members were informing guests that they could enter at the Simba Lot, but no eating or drinking would be allowed on the Disneyland property. The only items permitted are sealable water bottles and any food must be purchased at Disneyland then taken off the property before you can eat it.
Hardly any crowds arrived at Buena Vista Street and Downtown Disney. The longest lines we noticed were for the seasonal popcorn buckets and sippers. You can still purchase these items but they will not include the popcorn or beverages.
The only store selling food in Buena Vista Street was Trolley Treats. Packaged candy and snacks are available for purchase and signs prohibiting eating these snacks were posted. Other locations like Fidler, Fifer, and Practical Pig Cafe were closed.
As for Downtown Disney, many restaurants were open around lunchtime when we visited. Earl of Sandwich, Jazz Kitchen Express, Jamba, Sprinkles, Marceline’s Confectionery, and Wetzel’s Pretzels were open for take-out orders.
Black Tap Craft Burgers was open for pick-up. The Crazy Shakes were unavailable for purchase, however.
Salt & Straw had a notice that stated they are currently packaging all orders to-go.
Outdoor kiosks like California Churro, Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs, Kayla’s Cakes were still selling items.
We’ll continue to update you on the new California regulations and how they affect Disneyland Resort.
- These Disneyland Restaurants Will Reopen SOON! Here’s How to Make Your Reservation!
- Here’s When Non-Hotel Guests Can Making Dining Reservations for Disney’s GCH Craftsman Bar
- NEWS: Disneyland’s Blue Bayou Gets a Reopening Date
- PHOTOS: Here’s Where You Can Spot the Princesses at Disneyland!
- Disneyland Will Open Two COVID Vaccine Sites On Property Next Week for Cast Members
- PHOTOS: First Look at ALL the Cast Member Costumes For Disney’s Avengers Campus!
- A Big Perk is Returning for Guests at Disneyland Resort Hotels
- NEWS: A Disneyland Dining Spot is Reopening JUST for Legacy Passholders!
- NEWS: Two Restaurants Reopening at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- Don’t Book a Stay at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel Before Reading This!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!