Disneyland Paris is currently closed at the moment due to the global pandemic, but we’ve gotten quite a few updates recently about the construction that’s going on at the resort with Avengers Campus and Hotel New York — The Art of Marvel.
We even got a peek at the construction that’s going on for the new Cars Route 66 Road Trip attraction, but now Disneyland Paris has shared some MORE updates on this new ride!
Aside from some of the other cool projects going on at the resort, Disneyland Paris has been working on a re-imagining of their Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic attraction in Walt Disney Studios Park (one of the two parks at Disneyland Paris) into an attraction themed to the popular Pixar movie, Cars.
Disneyland Paris has now shared some more details about this upcoming attraction. First, the park noted that Cars Route 66 Road Trip is currently set to debut in 2021 at Walt Disney Studios Park. So, Cars fans won’t have to wait too long to check out this new experience! The ride is set to be a “family-friendly journey” where guests will discover “some of the wacky roadside attractions along the famous Route 66 highway.”
The new boarding station being built for the attraction is inspired by mid-century modern architecture, and will have quite a few nods to the automotive world. You can see some concept art for it below.
Guests will enter the boarding station through a tourist booth that’s got all kinds of maps, postcards, and other decorative items. These are the kinds of things you’ll definitely want to stop and really take a look at to fully appreciate all of the movie references and hidden details.
The loading station is already halfway through construction right now and is actually the first building constructed outside the current perimeter of Walt Disney Studios Park. Once it’s complete, the building will be accessible to visitors through a new road extending from Toy Story Playland.
Disneyland Paris has noted that Cars Route 66 Road Trip is just the first step in the expansion of Walt Disney Studios Park. We can’t wait to see what this attraction looks like once it’s complete and continue to see Walt Disney Studios Park expand and evolve. We’ll keep you updated as we see and learn more!
More Stories About Disneyland Paris
- Why Disney’s Most Futuristic Land is Its Most Outdated
- ALL of the Upcoming Holiday Events Coming to Disneyland Paris This Year!
- Disneyland Paris May Require Guests to Have a COVID-19 Pass
- Hotels Reopening, Halloween News, and More BIG Disney News You Missed This Week!
- Disneyland Paris Will Resume the Sale of New Annual Passes Soon!
- Would YOU Pay Extra For FastPass+ In Disney World?
- NEWS: A Paid FastPass Program Will Be Coming to Disneyland Paris
- New ‘Coco’ Scene Coming to a Disney Parks Attraction!
- NEWS: Every Disney Resort Around the World Has Officially Reopened
- Check Out the New Cast Member Costumes for Disney’s Hotel New York — The Art of Marvel
Have you ever visited Disneyland Paris? Let us know in the comments!