Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is undergoing some major refurbishment right now! Its guest rooms are set to receive a Moana-inspired makeover and the lobby entryway will also be getting some new updates.
This hotel enhancement will also feature an overhaul of the Polynesian’s monorail station, which began a temporary closure starting today, November 2nd. To accommodate this closure, Disney has added another mode of transportation for guests visiting the Polynesian!
The monorail typically stops at Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney’s Contemporary Resort. With the Polynesian’s monorail shut down for the time being, Disney made bus transportation to and from the resort and Magic Kingdom available to the resort’s guests. But now another form of transportation is available as well — boats!
That’s right, you can once again take a boat from the Polynesian to Magic Kingdom (or vice versa). The Disney World website now lists the following under both the Polynesian and Grand Floridian: “Water taxi transportation is limited, transporting Guests from this Disney Resort hotel to Magic Kingdom park.”
Boats leaving Magic Kingdom will stop at the Grand Floridian first, and then head to the Polynesian — so that’s just something to be aware of if you’re needing to get back to the Polynesian in a hurry. Keep in mind, there are buses available from Magic Kingdom to the Polynesian as well, and those will not stop at the Grand Floridian.
On the boat, there were social distancing markers indicating where guests could and could not sit. From what we saw, every other row was marked as unavailable for use to help space guests out from one another.
It’s great to know that this transportation option is available again! We’ll continue to monitor the Polynesian’s construction so you can plan accordingly if you’ll be staying at the Resort or visiting soon! Come back for all the latest updates.
Polynesian Resort Updates
- Traveling to Disney World in 2021? These Hotels May Still Be Closed!
- A Restaurant, Two Pools, and Six Attractions Closed in Disney World This Week
- PHOTOS: Say Aloha To ANOTHER New Disney Cast Member Costume!
- A Restaurant Refurb Plus 4 Attractions That Will Be Closed in Disney World This Week!
- PHOTOS: These Disney Cast Members Have a New ‘Moana’-Inspired Look!
- This Sneaky Tiki Hut in Disney World is Not What It Seems!
- 4 Rides That Will Be Closed This Week in Disney World
- PHOTOS: Cinderella Castle Projection Testing Took Place in Disney World Tonight!
- 6 Rides That Will Be Closed in Disney World This Week
- Another Area at Disney World’s Polynesian Village Resort Will Be Closed for Refurb Next Month!
Which monorail resort is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!