Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is undergoing some major refurbishment right now! Its guest rooms are set to receive a Moana-inspired makeover and the lobby entryway will also be getting some new updates.
This hotel enhancement will also feature an overhaul of the Polynesian’s monorail station, which began a temporary closure starting today, November 2nd. To accommodate this closure, Disney has added another mode of transportation for guests visiting the Polynesian!
The monorail typically stops at Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney’s Contemporary Resort. With the Polynesian’s monorail shut down for the time being, Disney made bus transportation to and from the resort and Magic Kingdom available to the resort’s guests. But now another form of transportation is available as well — boats!
That’s right, you can once again take a boat from the Polynesian to Magic Kingdom (or vice versa). The Disney World website now lists the following under both the Polynesian and Grand Floridian: “Water taxi transportation is limited, transporting Guests from this Disney Resort hotel to Magic Kingdom park.”
Boats leaving Magic Kingdom will stop at the Grand Floridian first, and then head to the Polynesian — so that’s just something to be aware of if you’re needing to get back to the Polynesian in a hurry. Keep in mind, there are buses available from Magic Kingdom to the Polynesian as well, and those will not stop at the Grand Floridian.
On the boat, there were social distancing markers indicating where guests could and could not sit. From what we saw, every other row was marked as unavailable for use to help space guests out from one another.
It’s great to know that this transportation option is available again! We’ll continue to monitor the Polynesian’s construction so you can plan accordingly if you’ll be staying at the Resort or visiting soon! Come back for all the latest updates.
Polynesian Resort Updates
- ALL The Drinks Coming to ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
- NEWS: Disney Releases ‘Ohana Breakfast Menu Ahead of Its Reopening!
- PHOTOS: Check Out the Progress on Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Entrance!
- 5 BIG Closures You Need to Know About Next Week in Disney World
- The Best Part of Every Magic Kingdom Area Resort Hotel
- New Sweet (and Spicy) Treats Arrive in Disney World This Week!
- BIG Update on Disney World’s Famous ‘Ohana Noodles!
- Reservations Now OPEN for ‘Ohana in Disney World!
- Are the Famous Noodles Gone from ‘Ohana in Disney World?!
- BREAKING: Here’s When ‘Ohana Will Reopen in Disney World
Which monorail resort is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!