As part of the massive renovation project taking place at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Monorail service to and from the resort is temporarily unavailable, effective today, November 2nd.
In lieu of taking the Monorail, guests will now have to take the bus if they want to have quick access to Magic Kingdom.
We spotted the buses running today at the resort! For those guests staying at the Polynesian Villas, this will be your primary mode of transportation to Magic Kingdom for the time being.
If you would prefer not to take the bus to Magic Kingdom at this time, you can walk to the Transportation and Ticket Center and then take the Monorail from there. There is also no boat service to and from the resort at this time.
As of this writing, Disney has not announced how long the Monorail will be unavailable at the Polynesian.
Also as a result of all of this construction, which includes re-imagining the guest rooms to a Moana-inspired design, the Polynesian will remain closed until summer of 2021, although booking is available at the Villas, and several dining locations are currently open.
Don’t forget that soon all of the Monorail resorts (Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort and Spa) will be accessible to Magic Kingdom via walkway, once the Grand Floridian walkway is completed!
Which of the three Monorail resorts is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- Could This Mean the Eat to the Beat Concert Series Will Return to EPCOT?
- We Found the Most Photogenic Couple in Disney World
- We Spotted One of the Fab Five in a New Spot in Disney World Today
- Ranking the Walt Disney World Pre-Shows
- AllEars TV: The Top 4 Worst Rides in EPCOT
- What’s Going On Here?! Cinderella Castle Is Looking DIFFERENT Today
- Cuteness Alert! Baby Rhino Joins the Herd at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- PHOTOS: Construction Walls Around Spaceship Earth in EPCOT Are DOWN
- EPCOT’s New Park Map Features a Few Exciting Additions!
- You Could Tour an Entire LAND Waiting for This Disney Ride Today!