As the NBA’s season in Disney World came to a close, the Los Angeles Lakers had an amazing win of the 2019-2020 NBA Championship!
Basketball and other sports have continued to make plans for the seasons and tournaments moving forward, looking to Disney World as a possible place to hold such events. However, things have continued to change quickly as the current health crisis evolves.
ESPN has issued a statement that it will be canceling its upcoming plans to host eight of its men’s college basketballs events at Walt Disney World’s ESPN Wide World of Sports.
Originally, 8 of the 10 non-conference events that ESPN had planned on hosting would have been in the NBA bubble on property. However, issues with testing protocols for players and officials have prevented the sports network from doing so.
ESPN has stated that “ESPN Events set out to create a protected environment for teams to participate in early-season events in Orlando. Based on certain challenges surrounding testing protocols, we opted to resume these tournaments during the 2021-22 season.”
The NBA bubble was previously expected to continue from November 25th through early December. The events that would have been taking place in Disney World were set to include the Champions Classic, Charleston Classic, Myrtle Beach Invitational, NIT Season Tip-Off, Wooden Legacy, Orlando Invitational, Jimmy V Classic, and Diamond Head Classic.
However, sources have also told ESPN that the Champions and Jimmy V Classic could be moved to another location to finish out the season. The other six events, however, will most likely be bumped until 2021.
While other events come to Disney World soon, like the upcoming Festival of the Holidays, we’ll let you all the details you need to know!
Here’s how Rise of the Resistance could be increasing its ride capacity in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Have you been tuning into the sports broadcasts from Disney World? Let us know in the comments below!
- NEWS: Orange County Mayor Demings Comments on Travel to Orlando During the Holidays
- Is EPCOT’s Festival Center Still a Thing? Here’s a Breakdown of What We Know!
- HURRY! The Original Baby Yoda Plush Is on Sale for Black Friday!
- Walt Disney is the Inspiration for the Latest D23 Mickey Plush!
- Take a Trip to Wonderland with the Newest Disney x Danielle Nicole Backpack!
- PHOTOS: Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts Are Looking Merry and Bright with New Holiday Decor!
- Disney is Releasing NEW Limited Edition ‘Tangled’ Merchandise SOON!
- These Were the Average Wait Times We Saw for the Most Popular Rides in Disney World Last Week!
- PHOTOS: Decorations Have Started to Go Up for EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays!
- BREAKING! Imagineer Joe Rohde Will Be Retiring After 40 Years of Work at Disney