Anaheim Mayor Harry Sidhu recently discussed the desire for the state to issue theme park reopening plans, namely for Disneyland.
According to the Voice of OC, questions received by the city officials were mostly centered on a $6.5 million dollar bailout for the advertising bureau, Visit Anaheim, and reopening guidelines for Disneyland Resort.
Visit Anaheim is responsible for marketing theme parks, venues, and entertainment businesses in Anaheim, California. The tourism company took a big loss when the global health crisis began. As a result, California used the Convention Center reserves then later dipped into Coronavirus relief money to bailout Visit Anaheim. Deputy City Manager Greg Garcia told the press that the money was used for “some basic marketing to keep things in place.” Originally, the funding was labeled as “urgent.”
Sidhu claimed that the push to reopen Disneyland is for the “hundreds of small businesses, tens of thousands of jobs” and also to make up for the $100 million deficit that Anaheim has faced. To reopen, official theme park reopening regulations must be established. These guidelines will be created by Governor Newsom, but he hasn’t announced these plans as of yet.
At the last minute, Councilmen Jose Morena asked Sidhu if he or city officials had guidelines for other industries outside of Disneyland like the convention center and the two Anaheim sports venues. Sidhu asked Moreno to refer to a previous recording then cut the meeting short for a 10-minute break. No specific guidelines for any entertainment venues were mentioned during this meeting. We’ll continue to follow press conferences and city meetings to learn more about the reopening of Disneyland.
Disneyland Reopening News
- PHOTOS: We’re at the Reopening of Buena Vista Street at Disneyland — Here’s What It’s Like!
- PHOTOS: There Are Some BIG Weekday Crowds at Downtown Disney Today!
- More Details Have Been Released for Dining at Downtown Disney District’s Buena Vista Street
- NEWS: Disneyland Has Extended Its Resort Cancellations Again Through the End of This Year
- BREAKING! Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Has a Reopening Date!
- NEWS: Disneyland Resort Hotels Now Canceling Reservations Through November 21st
- NEWS: Shopping Reservations for Disneyland Are Coming Soon!
- NEWS: Workers United Local 50 Provides Details on Cast Members Returning to Work in Disneyland
- NEWS: Disneyland Will Be Opening Stores and Restaurants Along Buena Vista Street This November!
- When Can We Expect Disneyland to Reopen, Now That California Has Released Theme Park Guidelines?
What do you think of the government’s response to reopening the theme parks? Let us know in the comments.
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!