We’ve been keeping an eye on the operating hours for the Disney World theme parks lately to see what changes are made.
Earlier this year, it was announced that park hours would be reduced starting early September, but we’ve also seen select park hours extended in November. Today, we spotted a change on the Disney park hours calendar indicating that a single park’s hours will be extended for just one day in September.
After the closure, the Disney World theme parks opened with reduced hours.
Specifically, Magic Kingdom was open from 9AM to 7PM; Disney’s Animal Kingdom was open from 8AM to 6PM; EPCOT was open from 11AM to 9PM; and Disney’s Hollywood Studios was open from 10AM to 8PM.
Beginning on September 8th, operating hours were shortened at all four parks. Magic Kingdom’s new hours in September are 9AM to 6PM; EPCOT’s new hours are 11AM to 7PM; Disney’s Hollywood Studios’s hours are 10AM to 7PM; and Disney’s Animal Kingdom is open from 9AM to 5PM.
As we looked at the Walt Disney World Resort Month Calendar today, however, we noticed one change in the park hours in September. Specifically, it appears that Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be open one hour later on Sunday, September 20th.
Instead of the usual 9AM to 5PM, the park will be open from 9AM to 6PM.
But, none of the other parks appear to have extended hours on that day, nor does it appear that Animal Kingdom’s hours have been extended on any other day in September.
It’s unclear what has caused this extension of park hours for just Animal Kingdom solely on September 20th. While the weekends do tend to be more crowded in the parks, it’s not as though September 20th is a national holiday where extremely large crowds would be expected to be in Disney World.
It is possible that within the next day or two, we’ll simply see these park hours changed back to the standard 9AM to 5PM. We’ll definitely keep checking the Walt Disney World calendar to see if that change is made, or if any other changes occur with regards to the park hours. Be sure to come back for all the latest updates.
Recent Stories About Disney's Animal Kingdom
- The Ultimate Guide to Pumpkin Treats at the Walt Disney World Parks
- These Were the Wait Times in Disney World on September 23rd!
- THREE New Baby Rhinos Are on the Way Just in Time to Celebrate World Rhino Day in Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
- These Were the Wait Times in Disney World on September 22nd!
- AllEars Readers Said They Would NOT Eat This Food Again at Walt Disney World
- Disney Menu Updates: Dawa Bar Reopens, Plus TONS of New Fall Treats!
- These Were the Wait Times in Disney World on September 21st!
- The Craziest Places You Can Stay at Walt Disney World
- Saturdays Are for the PARKS! Reservations Throughout This Upcoming Weekend Are Sold Out in Disney World!
- Dawa Bar Has Officially Reopened in Disney World (And Another Watering Hole Might Reopen Soon)
Do you have plans to visit Disney World in September? Let us know all about it in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!