Last week, Disney World Annual Passholders on the monthly payment plan received a surprise charge of multiple months worth of charges to their bank accounts.
Since then Disney has shared that those charges were erroneous and that the Passholders should expect refunds to be made. Many Passholders have begun to see refunds already applied to their accounts. Disney is now also emailing Passholders separately to express their apologies.
The email received by Passholders states, “We want to express our deepest apologies to the Annual Passholders that were affected by the error that resulted in authorization hold incorrectly applied to their accounts on July 3rd.”
Disney has also offered assistance to those Passholders who, as a result of the incorrect charges, experienced financial harm such as bank fees. Much of the confusion that came from these charges had to do with the fact that when the parks closed, Disney announced that Annual Passholders who were on the monthly payment plan would not be charged during the closures.
Disney confirmed that these charges were a glitch and not a change in their payment policy.
Are you a Disney World Annual Passholder who was impacted by these charges? Let us know in the comments.
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!