As Walt Disney World prepares to reopen its theme parks on July 11th and July 15th, many of the resort’s transportation systems are gearing up to begin transporting guests to and from the parks for the first time since mid-March!
We have previously shared reopening dates for the monorail, Disney Skyliner, and bus systems. We now have an update to share regarding Disney’s water taxi service!
Although water taxi service is typically available to transport guests to the Magic Kingdom from Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, water taxis will be unavailable from these hotels during the initial reopening period.
Guests staying at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will have access to LIMITED water taxi transportation to Magic Kingdom during the initial reopening period.
Water taxis are a separate transportation system from the ferry boats, which resumed operations July 7th and take guests between Magic Kingdom and the Transportation and Ticket Center. We have no word yet on if the water taxis will be available for transportation to Disney Springs.
Disney is regularly updating information and offerings, so we will continue to look out for updates and will provide additional information as we learn more!
What is your preferred mode of transportation to Magic Kingdom when staying at one of the Magic Kingdom Resorts? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World