When Disney Springs announced it would begin gradually re-opening starting on May 20th, Disney specifically noted that it would be “third-party locations” that would be part of the initial re-opening.
While they have not yet commented on when Disney-owned stores, such as World of Disney, would be re-opening, a recent article from The Hollywood Reporter gives us a glimpse into when we can expect them to.
Eric Clinton, president of UNITE HERE, Local 362 , spoke with The Hollywood Reporter on the re-opening of Disney Springs. In the interview, Clinton noted that, starting May 20th, only third-party locations would be re-opening at Disney Springs. However, the next phase will start shortly after, a week later on May 27th.
Starting then, Disney retail stores, including “World of Disney store and Disney eateries” will begin re-opening. When Disney Springs does re-open, they will be implementing safety measures such as requiring face masks for guests and Cast Members, along with temperature checks and plexiglass dividers, according to Clinton.
We will continue to keep you updated as we learn more about the re-opening of Disney Springs next week!
Will you be visiting Disney Springs when it re-opens? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Disney Parks closures?
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Here's Everything That Disney World is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closure
- Here's Everything That Disneyland is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closures
- Here's Everything That the Disney Cruise Line is Refunding Due to Suspended Itineraries
- Should I Cancel My Disney Trip? Taking a Closer Look at Our Most FAQ
- Flattening the Curve: Why Disney is Closing Everything
- All the Times That Disney World and Disneyland Have Closed Throughout History