When it was announced that Disney Springs would begin a phased re-opening starting on May 20th, several precautionary measures that would be implemented were laid out.
Now, more information has been released of what can be expected when Disney Springs re-opens.
In an article for the Hollywood Reporter, Eric Clinton, President of the UNITE HERE, Local 362 Union, shared more information on what can be expected from the re-opening of the dining and shopping center.
According to Clinton, “All guests and employees will be required to wear masks. Disney will provide employees three washable masks. Guests will have their temperature checked and plexiglass dividers have been installed at registers. Guests will swipe their own payments cards, they will no longer be handled by employees. And custodians will be retrained to pay attention to high-touch areas.”
Disney Springs begins its re-opening of third-party retail and dining locations on May 20th, however Clinton stated that Disney-owned shops and eateries, such as World of Disney, will begin to open a week later.
Stay tuned to AllEars as we bring you more news on the re-opening of Disney Springs!
Want to learn more about the Disney Parks closures?
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Here's Everything That Disney World is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closure
- Here's Everything That Disneyland is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closures
- Here's Everything That the Disney Cruise Line is Refunding Due to Suspended Itineraries
- Should I Cancel My Disney Trip? Taking a Closer Look at Our Most FAQ
- Flattening the Curve: Why Disney is Closing Everything
- All the Times That Disney World and Disneyland Have Closed Throughout History