Recipes Pecan Maple Bark Canada Popcorn Cart Epcot Holidays Around The World
Makes 24 pieces
3/4 cup pecans
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons maple sugar
Method of Preparation
1. Combine pecans and sea salt in a medium pan. Toast over medium heat, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes, until brown and fragrant. Cut into small pieces and set aside.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once butter is melted, add sugar and water, stirring continuously until temperature reaches 295 degrees F. Immediately pour into a baking sheet lined with silicone baking mat and spread into a 9×13 inch rectangle. Cool for at least 3 hours.
3. Melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips in a small bowl and spread over one side of the cooled bark. Immediately sprinkle half of the chopped pecans and maple sugar over the chocolate. Cool for 2 hours until chocolate is set.
4. Melt remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Turn bark over and spread chocolate on the other half of the bark. Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans and maple sugar. Cool 2 hours until chocolate is set.
5. Break into 24 pieces. Store in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.