Recipe Paw Print Brownies Boma and The Mara Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 20 servings
9 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1 lb. butter
4 cups sugar
1 TB vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup cake flour
1 cup heavy cream
6 oz. white chocolate
8 oz. semisweet chocolate
1/3 cup cocoa powder
Stencil with a paw-print design cutout
1. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a pot of hot water on the stove.
2. In a mixing bowl fitted with a whip, place the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar, and mix at medium speed. Continue whipping for about 3 minutes until light in color. Change the machine attachment to a paddle. Once the chocolate and butter have melted, add them to the whipped eggs.
3. Add the flour until well combined but do not overmix.
4. Pour the batter on a 12×16-inch baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in 350º F oven for 30-35 minutes. (This can be done a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator.)
6. To make the frosting, chop the white and semisweet chocolate into 1/2-inch pieces and place them in a bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a small pot. Once it is very hot, pour into the chocolate pieces to melt them. Stir constantly until all pieces are dissolved and cool to room temperature.
7. Ladle the frosting on the surface of the brownies and smooth evenly with an icing spatula. Place the brownies into the refrigerator to set the frosting.
8. Once the frosting is set, cut brownies into 3×3-inch squares and separate them. Place the paw-print stencil on each brownie. Place the cocoa powder into a sifter and dust the center of each brownie with the cocoa to create the paw-print design.