Most Recent Reviews

Review of Nine Dragons - China - Epcot

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 01/14/2016

We ate here the 1st week of Nov. we picked this place because we hadn't eaten here before and it was one of the few TS that had availability at this busy time. Our server was very good. He didn't rush us but he was always checking to make sure we had everything. I had the evening special which was basically honey chicken with extra black pepper. My DH had the spicy beef. This wasn't any better than your neighborhood Chinese place. The ginger cake was enjoyable, very light. There are other places to eat at EPCOT that are better, so I can't recommend going here if you don't regularly travel to WDW.

Pros:

Available

Review of San Angel Inn Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 01/14/2016

My DH & I ate here our 1st night at the Food & Wine Festival. I made reservations for late in the evening and noted we wanted a water view to celebrate my birthday. We checked in and the area was super crowded. We waited about 15 minutes and weren't given our requested view. In fact our table was terrible. A tiny table shoved into a space right in front of the kitchen. It was disappointing. Sebastiano was our waiter and if anything probably too attentive. He was constantly asking of we were ready to order. My husband finally explained that we were planing on taking awhile to relax after a long day. After that Sebastiano was on the right pace. I had the mango margarita it was very good. We decided to just have appetizers starting with the queso fundido we really liked it. Then we tired the quesadillas' this is not your normal quesadillas. It was more like a Mesa type corn mash that was stuffed and deep fried. They were really good but if your expecting traditional Tex Mex quesadilla you will be disappointed. We enjoyed them. The meal was good the drinks refreshing but I don't know that I would come back. If you really want Mexican food at WDW then go but be prepared that you may not get the experience you!re hoping for.

Pros:

Cons:

Very busy

Review of Beach Club Villas (Disney Vacation Club)

Reviewed by nrymut Review Date: 01/17/2016

We have not stayed here for a long time, and I am glad we returned. We were located next to the elevators, but we did not hear any noise. Housekeeping and Bell Services were very efficient. The theme of New England beach resort is well done throughout the hotel including the villas. Loved the print on the curtains in bedroom and duvet on foot of bed. Appliances are older but all worked well. We could see the Epcot fireworks from our room. I noticed there were private functions on the beach every other evening and almost daily closing of the Solarium for private functions. Concierge services were available in the lobby of the Villas every morning which was very convenient. At Concierge desk at the Villas you can obtain park maps and the flyer of hotel events and movies.
Laundry detergent being supplied in the villas needs to be added to the washer BEFORE adding clothing and water. It left marks on my black jeans and my husband's navy blue polo shirt.

Pros:

Location, clean, quiet

Cons:

Beware the "green and gentle" laundry detergent

Review of Flying Fish Cafe

Reviewed by nrymut Review Date: 01/17/2016

It has been a long time since we ate here as our last experience at the Flying Fish Cafe was not good. So glad we decided to eat here before it closes. Our server Chris was excellent. We started our meal with the cheddar soup and the beet salad. Both were excellent. I had the scallops and they were cooked perfectly. My husband had salmon and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Pros:

Excellent food and service

Cons:

Closing for refurbishment

Review of Mama Melrose's Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by scalemaster34 Review Date: 01/18/2016

Made a reservation for 10, at 184 days from our ADR. We arrive and check in, no issues, had to wait about 15 mins to be seated..... at two different tables. When we questioned the hostess, another woman, who we assumed was our server tried to tell us they don't seat parties that large. But there were four parties that size in view. She told us we could go wait about 40 min for another table if we wanted.

We took what there was. But then waited another 10 min for our server to come by for the drink order (must have been issues). She was very nice and did as good a job as she could. And I can't fault her service at all. She did hand me a Disney Pen to sign the check.... that had exploded. But that happens and she did get me a wipe and was able to clean it all off.

But the other server (who we encountered previously) was waiting other tables in our area, and after our server had left a coffer pot on our table so we could refill.... she came by and removed it telling us that wasn't how they did things.

The other server made it a very poor experience for us. Combined with the so - so steaks and poor attempt at real pasta, along with no manager to even show any interest. We won't be back.

Most of the Disney's restaurant have some "gimmick" to overcome the high prices and so - so food quality. Either characters or they put on some kinda "act" 50's Prime Time, or location like Coral Reef. But none of that applied to Mama's....

If you want Italian, go to Tutto Italia Ristorante.

Pros:

Was a place to eat in the PARK

Cons:

Waitstaff

Review of Blue Bayou Dinner

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

We skipped lunch at Blue Bayou since everyone told us to save the $ and get the same Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans. So, instead we went to Blue Bayou for dinner.

It was the holidays and with the crowds, waiting for a water front table would have taken forever. Of course, we were seated about as far from the water as possible. While it was nice to be under the balconies...it's a very drafty spot being so close to the doors which made for a chilly meal.

I wish there were more starter options and more traditional New Orleans options. It's laughable that to consider this anything predominantly Cajun or Creole.

That being said, the gumbo was very good. One of the bread options was also great while the sourdough rolls were hard as rocks. My husband's salmon was good...not great...and my salmon was pretty tasty. Still, for the reputation and price, you expect better.

I recommend it strictly because I think you have to try it for yourself + it's worth experiencing that dining setting at least once. Beyond that, it's not worth repeating.

Pros:

Setting

Cons:

Certain Table Locations/Food Options

Review of Cafe Orleans Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

We went here for the monte cristos. Everyone said to go this route to get the same famous monte cristo for less $. It was totally worth it. My husband had the traditional and I had the 3 cheese...I liked his a bit better, but they are both great. The kids also adored the Mickey beignets.

The service, right down to the chef's attention to food allergies, was awesome.

The setting is also fun. We were outside, right along the railings and people were constantly ooooing and ahhing over our food. Some of the area musicians even popped by to chat.

I'd say this one is a must do and worth repeating.

Pros:

Monte Cristos for less $ and beignets; setting

Review of Carnation Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

Some of the food was really good, while other items were so so. The meatloaf tasted like sausage, so we weren't big fans. We also don't care for beans in chili, so that was a let down. The burger and fried pickles were decent and the malts we ordered were great.

We sat inside and the historical photos are pretty cool, but there's nothing overly neat about dining here. You also have to leave the restaurant to use the restroom and there's a strange unmarked door without a handle for re-entry that you use to access the area near the bathroom line.

I think this is one of those if you want a sit down meal, but maybe it's more of a last minute decision. i.e. I wouldn't go out of my way to dine here.

Pros:

Good basic food/great service/good location

Cons:

The meatloaf has a funky taste/beans in the chili

Review of Plaza Inn Minnie and Friends Breakfast

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

This is by far the best character meal we've ever done. We saw 11 characters when we dined there and from my research, you just never know who you are going to see. The interaction was also not as stiff like you get at standard character meals.

The food was really good, and I must say that Disneyland Mickey waffles are so much better than Disney World waffles. My big complaint was that the line for things like sausage and bacon took forever, while the line for custom omelettes was running really efficiently. You'd think it would be the other way around.

I'm also not a big fan of cafeteria trays and how the food servers give you your plates.

Still, this is such a fun meal and worth the time and $.

Pros:

TONS Of Characters, Good breakfast food, Good service

Cons:

Lines for certain items, Plate and Tray situation

Review of Carthay Circle Restaurant

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

First off, it is a gorgeous restaurant, the service was top notch, and the food and drinks...for the most part...were excellent. My duck was a bit dry, but I think that was the only real complaint.

As for the kid part, our kids are usually very well behaved, open to eating a variety of things, and have been to a number of signature spots at WDW. Still, even though this wasn't Napa Rose and was in park dining, we were some of the only ones in there with children when we dined. In fact another patron came by our table on the way out to compliment our girls on their good behavior. While it's nice that people notice, it made it feel more obvious that they were some of the only children there.

I definitely think it's worth dining here, but you'll have to decide if you're comfortable bringing your children as it is a rather refined setting.

We did this for the World of Color package. It was the holidays and we didn't wan to deal with the crowds. The one lighting tower in the way was a pain, but we liked the spot beyond that. It was a chilly night and we definitely didn't want to be anywhere where we might get wet.

Pros:

Setting/Food/Service

Cons:

Minor Food Issues/Maybe not the best for kids
1 1,959 1,960 1,961 1,962 1,963 1,966