Reviews of Whispering Canyon Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by ktkueb80 Review Date: 10/20/2021

We ate here 10/14/21 as we were celebrating our anniversary. Our server was very funny and interactive and announced to everyone that it was our anniversary. My husband and I each ordered a skillet and enjoyed everything on it. My son got his usual chicken tenders and fries and enjoyed those as well. Our server brought us complimentary champagne to toast with at the end of our meal which was very sweet.

Pros:

Thoughtful staff, fun environment

Cons:

a little loud

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/27/2021

Rude Service and tasteless food with automatic 18% tip

Pros:

It was air conditioned on hot 95 degree day and that's the only pro

Cons:

The server throws straws for your drinks all over the table and calls people names as if it's funny but it's NOT FUNNY ! Food is tasteless in flavor and pulled pork was like chewing dried out beef jerky !

Reviewed by MeganC Review Date: 05/21/2021

I know the signature dish here is the all you care to enjoy skillets however, if you’re a big dum dum like me and think that 7 hours between sit-down meals is enough, they do have somewhat lighter fare that is great! I had the cedar plank salmon with ancient grains and that with the complimentary corn bread was just enough that I didn’t feel like Violet turning into a blueberry in Willy Wonka. My server, Donna, was a delight and seemed to be a little apprehensive as to how I would like the ancient grains, spoiled alert, they were delicious. I’ll put in the caveat that I am an adventurous eater and I can see how someone with food texture issues might not enjoy it. It tasted a bit like cheesy rice but the grains were a little larger and much more firm. The salmon was cooked well with a nice crispy coating. Also, as a southerner, I appreciated the moonshine cocktail offerings provided. All-in-all, I had a great experience here and would absolutely eat here again.

Pros:

Great food Service was awesome Loved how the servers were just as playful and friendly with each other as they were with the patrons.

Cons:

It’s a LOT of food

Reviewed by CatherynLovesDisney Review Date: 02/08/2021

The food was absolutely delicious, and it is all you can order of those big skillets of food. The service was amazing. The cast members reminded me of the Skippers at the jungle cruise because of how funny they were.

Pros:

Cast members very interactive with the family and extremely nice

Cons:

expensive for a big family

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/27/2021

We enjoyed our meal there. The service was fantastic and they certainly made everyone laugh. Overall best meal that visit. We ended up going back again for breakfast.

Pros:

Service/ Happy Environment

Cons:

A little loud

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 01/05/2021

Husband and I ate here and loved it! He both got the skillets. He ate about 3 rounds but I barely made it through one. He also loves BBQ and smokey flavor which I don't. I would probably order an a la carte dinner the next time just to save money since I can't eat for the price of the skillet. Waitstaff were nice and fun. Helpful as well since it was out first time.

Pros:

Food, staff

Cons:

Lots of food but that's also not a bad thing?

Reviewed by Jazzfool20 Review Date: 10/26/2020

Ate hear on 10/17 with my family, after not having eaten here for a few years. Normally we eat at Artists Point, but as it's been destroyed and turned into a character meal, we go with WC anymore. The food, drinks, and service was excellent. Had a Washington Apple, always tasty, and we all had the "all you care to enjoy" skillets. Being a vegetarian I was thrilled they had a plant-based one, and boy did it not disappoint. I was pretty hungry and managed to eat two. The others enjoyed their meat ones as well. Had a milkshake for dessert and was scrumptious. Overall excellent. Price for the skillets was a smidge high ($34), but if you can eat at least two, you get your money's worth. Plus we're DVC, so the discount helps. They've toned down the hijinks which was nice. We don't mind some playfulness, but it was just too much in the past. Location is great to. Close proximity to the GF where we usually stay. If you're in the MK resort area and want a good meal, definitely recommend.

Pros:

excellent food, drinks, location.

Cons:

Little pricey.

Reviewed by SueC Review Date: 09/20/2020

This was a day 1 choice for dinner because we love Wilderness Lodge and BBQ. It was such a disappointment. We had the first available time for dinner and I think that was a mistake. The food tasted like it was reheated from lunchtime. The meat was dry. The sausage was good and everything else was just ok. Gluten free chocolate cake was a mug cake. Other people love the food so I would suggest trying a time when the food is fresh.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Food didn’t taste fresh

Reviewed by JJKHughes04 Review Date: 09/17/2020

This is a family favorite for us. The theme is fun and we love their comedy shtick

Pros:

great food, great entertainment

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/15/2020

Restaurant was fine. Staff was fine. Food was fine. The problem... the entertaining jokes does not need to get in way of service. Wife and i had a second round of food ... that never came out. Took up the plates and already joked about THINKING about forgetting our food. Well guess what.. it was forgotten. So. Wife and i spent 25th anniversary canceling our breakfast visit there next morning.

Pros:

all u can eat? But please don't waste.

Cons:

jokes might get in way of service

Other topics in Wilderness Lodge