Reviews of Whispering Canyon Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 01/05/2021

Husband and I ate here and loved it! He both got the skillets. He ate about 3 rounds but I barely made it through one. He also loves BBQ and smokey flavor which I don't. I would probably order an a la carte dinner the next time just to save money since I can't eat for the price of the skillet. Waitstaff were nice and fun. Helpful as well since it was out first time.

Pros:

Food, staff

Cons:

Lots of food but that's also not a bad thing?

Reviewed by Jazzfool20 Review Date: 10/26/2020

Ate hear on 10/17 with my family, after not having eaten here for a few years. Normally we eat at Artists Point, but as it's been destroyed and turned into a character meal, we go with WC anymore. The food, drinks, and service was excellent. Had a Washington Apple, always tasty, and we all had the "all you care to enjoy" skillets. Being a vegetarian I was thrilled they had a plant-based one, and boy did it not disappoint. I was pretty hungry and managed to eat two. The others enjoyed their meat ones as well. Had a milkshake for dessert and was scrumptious. Overall excellent. Price for the skillets was a smidge high ($34), but if you can eat at least two, you get your money's worth. Plus we're DVC, so the discount helps. They've toned down the hijinks which was nice. We don't mind some playfulness, but it was just too much in the past. Location is great to. Close proximity to the GF where we usually stay. If you're in the MK resort area and want a good meal, definitely recommend.

Pros:

excellent food, drinks, location.

Cons:

Little pricey.

Reviewed by SueC Review Date: 09/20/2020

This was a day 1 choice for dinner because we love Wilderness Lodge and BBQ. It was such a disappointment. We had the first available time for dinner and I think that was a mistake. The food tasted like it was reheated from lunchtime. The meat was dry. The sausage was good and everything else was just ok. Gluten free chocolate cake was a mug cake. Other people love the food so I would suggest trying a time when the food is fresh.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Food didn’t taste fresh

Reviewed by JJKHughes04 Review Date: 09/17/2020

This is a family favorite for us. The theme is fun and we love their comedy shtick

Pros:

great food, great entertainment

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/15/2020

Restaurant was fine. Staff was fine. Food was fine. The problem... the entertaining jokes does not need to get in way of service. Wife and i had a second round of food ... that never came out. Took up the plates and already joked about THINKING about forgetting our food. Well guess what.. it was forgotten. So. Wife and i spent 25th anniversary canceling our breakfast visit there next morning.

Pros:

all u can eat? But please don't waste.

Cons:

jokes might get in way of service

Reviewed by BethWebb1981 Review Date: 05/06/2020

We find this a fun place to go with quality food. Our entire family is always full when we leave. The environment varies to loud and fun to just a normal sit down dining experience...mostly depending on the crowd. We've always had great service & yummy food.

Pros:

Fun, Filling, Good Value, Great Milkshakes

Cons:

A bit out of the way unless you are staying on that side of Walt Disney World

Reviewed by JanelleB Review Date: 04/27/2020

Any meal that includes entertainment I enjoy and Whispering Canyon Cafe is one of them. They also give you option to opt out of the fun. The cast members are amazing and attentive and the food is pretty good. They used to have one of my favorite salads but it has left the menu. The pulled pork and BBQ items are delicious.

Pros:

Good option for a break from MK to take a boat ride, check out the amazing WL and partake in some food and fun Good for those that like the all you can eat meals

Cons:

Location - if you are not staying at the WL it could take time to get there. Menu limited unless you like all you can eat

Reviewed by memymoe Review Date: 03/17/2020

Not the best. food was mediocre and we got a really bad server. It took an hour and 40 minutes to get our entree. She made more than one comment about our kids asking for ketchup.

Pros:

Kids had fun interacting with servers (just not ours)

Cons:

food is just ok. Pricey for what it is

Reviewed by JustDucky Review Date: 12/27/2019

We ate here Christmas Day and were really disappointed. It was a pre fixe meal. I ordered a glass of Merlot and they were out. My husband ordered Pinot noir and was served Pinot Gris. The salad arrived without serving tongs and the waitress disappeared before we could ask for them. Then the skillet dinner arrived before we could eat salad. The food was subpar (to be polite) and the special holiday dessert was a joke - a bland pumpkin cheesecake in a tart shell. Blah. I recommend avoiding this restaurant.

Pros:

Cons:

It’s like a poorly managed Applebee’s. I only give it a 2 because the waitress was funny - when she was around.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/23/2019

We tried Whispering Canyon for the 1st time last week, and I will not be going back. We were a party of 9 and none of us enjoyed our meal.

Pros:

Milkshakes. The milkshakes were the only thing good about the dinner.

Cons:

The food. I ordered steak and it was very rubbery and tough to eat. Others in my party ordered the skillets and they did not like them at all.

Other topics in Wilderness Lodge