Reviews of Disney Bus System

Disney World buses are the most common mode of transportation in the World. Buses service the Parks, Resorts, water parks, and Disney Springs.

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 10/25/2019

Buses are really a mixed bag at Disney. We love Magical Express pick up & drop off to MCO. The rest, however, is not great, especially in the EPCOT area resorts. Trying to put 5 resorts on one bus is ridiculous. Every time we’ve used the buses from BWI or BC, the wait time is long and it’s usually full by the time it gets to us. One day my DD & I waited for 40 minutes to leave Disney Springs. The issue doesn’t seem as bad at AKL or the Contemporary

Pros:

Free

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewed by Mliz1118 Review Date: 10/24/2019

When we stayed at Pop Century we encountered no problem with any of the buses. When there were long lines in the morning they brought in extra buses.

Pros:

best way to visit the parks without having the hassle of driving & parking yourself

Cons:

the buses can get crowded & standing room only

Reviewed by JT23 Review Date: 10/23/2019

Generally just fine if your expectations aren't too high. The price is right and the pick up/drop off is clearly marked. When wait times on app and signage is working, it really helps.

Pros:

Free; multiple stops at larger resorts; great in off-peak times

Cons:

very slow to load with scooters/wheelchairs; can get crowded

Reviewed by Collime Review Date: 10/23/2019

We had a good experience with the Disney buses on our last trip in September. We stayed at POR, and I know they get a bad rap for their bus service, but I think Disney is listening. We never waited more than 10 mins. for a bus and usually no more than 5. I really liked the monitors at each of the stops, and we compared times with the MDE app and they were very accurate. We even rode the bus for EEMH to Hollywood Studios and the bus picked us up at 5:30am, and we were the only ones on it! The one con is that they can get crowded in the afternoon/evening, but that is to be expected. For moving people over such a large property, to/from 30+ resorts and 4 theme parks, they do a pretty good job. Is it an on-demand service like Uber or Lyft, no, but its free and you are on vacation - so set your expectations and relax.

Pros:

Frequency of buses

Cons:

Can get crowded in the evenings.

Reviewed by sarahgg Review Date: 10/23/2019

Generally speaking, I love the Disney bus system, but it certainly has its flaws. The largest of these is its occasional (frequent?) unreliability.

Pros:

Convenient, Cute (with the new wraps), Free me from driving for several days

Cons:

Crowded at times, Often unreliable

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/23/2019

My least favorite form of transportation, but unfortunately the Disney busses are a necessary evil for all on-site Disney Resort stays.

Pros:

Free. Fast. Available at all resorts and parks.

Cons:

Often over-crowded. Inconsistent availability. Unfair loading process.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/23/2019

Yuck. We spent a fortune on Uber and Lyft this September in the end to get to parks. If you want to make sure of making rope drop then you need to do this. The buses are unreliable and often full when they get to you. We were staying at the Beach Club and I found is especially frustrating that, despite paying Deluxe prices, we shared a bus with between 1 and 3 other resorts at any one time, meaning that the bus was often full before it got to us and so we were unable to board. If Disney want people to use the buses then they need to make them more regular and exclusive for each resort.

Pros:

Free

Cons:

Unreliable

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/23/2019

Was there during this past summer in August and the bus system has greatly improved their efficiency!

Pros:

This system has greatly improved over the years with their scheduling and knowing just how many buses are needed where and at what times. Kudos to the logostics department that deal with this!

Cons:

The only reason I give this a 9 and not a 10 is sometimes newer bus drivers have a harder time with loading/unloading ECVs, which can cause problems with the efficiency. I believe they need more training specifically in this area.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/23/2019

transport is free; efficient (especially compared to outside services)

Pros:

efficient; direct routes; friendly drivers. sheltered stops

Cons:

too much standees (to allow for higher capacity); passengers not filling all spaces. stops at parks do not give estimated times

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/23/2019

I think it is the best system it’s great Dash been using it for every trip and have gone to Disney more times than I can count. I have no plans on ever riding the Skyliner especially after the recent break down. I was always only determined to take the busses to the parks. .

Pros:

Very reliable service, great air-conditioning! Comfortable and fun to ride.

Cons:

Can get very crowded though, especially coming from the parks. Bus drivers can sometimes be a little pushy making you move back and over loading the buses. But most drivers are very friendly and courteous!

Other topics in WALT DISNEY WORLD TRANSPORTATION