If you’re heading to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this year, there’s a a LOT to see and do!
We’ve got a parade, a fireworks show, trick-or-treating, dance parties, character meets, and MORE. But what happens if it LITERALLY rains on your parade? (Or any other part of the party?) Well, we’ve got the details.
We attended the first night of MNSSHP this year, and during that party, there was a fair bit of inclement weather. Rain caused the first parade to get canceled, and multiple other entertainment options (like the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular) were either canceled or delayed throughout the night.
If this happens during your party visit and you miss out on special offerings that you’d hoped to catch, don’t fear! The best course of action is to head to Guest Relations, where you might (note: MIGHT!) get what Disney calls a “rain check.”
What’s a rain check? Well, if guests aren’t able to experience the event to its fullest, Disney sometimes issues return tickets for a later party date or one-day park tickets as compensation. After our rain-heavy evening, we stopped by Guest Relations to see if this was being offered and were told that rain checks were being handed out on a case-by-case basis.
During the first night, Disney was offering comped tickets for guests that could be used for park admission, or admission to either the Halloween or Christmas party at a later date. Keep in mind that the line may take a little while at Guest Relations in these scenarios — quite a few guests were there for the same reason as us.
And in these scenarios, always be kind and patient with the Cast Members. They’re likely dealing with a lot of upset guests, and unfortunately, they can’t control the weather. (We WISH they could!)
Note that there are some important limitations when it comes to these comped tickets. Initially, a Cast Member told us that while a date would have to be selected for the comped ticket, it could later be changed. Later on, however, several Cast Members told us that once a date is selected for the comped ticket, guests CANNOT change that date.
So once you’ve selected a date for your comped ticket, expect to be “locked in” to that date. Of course, be sure to check with the Cast Members to see if any policies have changed during your visit.
Stay tuned to AllEars for more updates on the Halloween celebrations in Disney World! We’ll be checking out all the offerings this year.
Read More About What's Happening for Halloween Here!
- We Went to the FIRST 2022 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Disney World — Here’s What You Need to Know
- Is Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Disney World Worth $200?
- The 6 BEST Treats At Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Disney World!
- Your Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party FAQ
- Every Date That Has Sold Out for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- See Our Full Page ALL About Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- All of the 2022 Halloween Popcorn Buckets You’ll Find in Disney World
- See ALL of the Disney Halloween Merchandise You Can Get Online
- Don’t Miss Out on These Halloween Advent Calendars
- Learn About the Halloween Scavenger Hunt Coming to EPCOT in 2022
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you going to the party this year? Tell us in the comments!