California has begun to loosen the requirements needed for counties to move between reopening tiers. These tiers dictate which business sectors can reopen, and at what capacity.
Both Los Angeles County and Orange County are poised to advance to the Red tier a few days early thanks to these changes, and KTLA has reported that LA County specifically will reopen many of its indoor sectors this Monday, March 15h.
This metric was achieved because as of today, the state of California met its goal to administer 2 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to hard-hit communities. Once that goal was met, it triggered an acceleration in the state’s tiered system.
Now, instead of a county needing to report fewer than 7 positive cases per 100,000 residents in order to qualify for the Red tier, they now need to report fewer than 10 positive cases per 100,000, which both counties currently meet.
Los Angeles County is currently in the Purple tier, the most restrictive reopening tier in California’s color-coded blueprint system. The next tier, Red, allows for sectors such as indoor dining, gyms, movie theaters to reopen. And as of last week, the Red tier now permits theme parks to reopen as early as April 1st.
Effective Monday, March 15th, LA County will begin reopening several previously closed business sectors. Included in these changes are museums, zoos, and aquariums which can reopen at 25% capacity, gyms which can reopen at 10% capacity, and movie theaters and restaurants, that can now reopen at 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer.
Orange County will also be able to reopen indoor dining next week, which will allow for more capacity at dining locations across the Disneyland Resort. Guests can also expect to see increased capacity in stores as well beginning next week.
As of this writing, we have yet to hear any official opening date announcements from California’s major theme parks. When we do, however, we will share the latest information with you!
Do you live in Southern California? Let us know in the comments!
Disneyland Resort News
- PHOTOS: First Look at the UPDATED Haunted Mansion in Disneyland!
- ALL The Details on HOW to Make a Disneyland Park Pass Reservation!
- Prepare for a Long WAIT for Your Disneyland Park Reservation
- Disneyland Park Pass Reservations Now Available for Select Guests!
- Cast Members Can Attend the Soft Reopening of Disneyland Resort!
- Another Downtown Disney Spot Gets a Reopening Date!
- Surprise! A Popular Disney California Adventure Restaurant Reopened Early!
- What Characters Can You Meet When Disneyland Reopens?
- Worried About Disneyland Booking Up Right Away? Read This.
- Disneyland Shares How the Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue Will Work
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!