One of the ways people compare crowds at Disney World versus Disneyland often comes down to Annual Passholders. In general, people tend to say that Disneyland has a higher percentage of Annual Passholders than tourists, whereas in Disney World, it’s the opposite.
However, Disney never discloses exact attendance numbers, so these estimations are typically based on conjecture.
Financial analysts did some number crunching, however, in an attempt to provide a clearer picture of how big a slice of pie Annual Passholders make up for Disneyland’s attendance. We’re talking about, as theme park industry experts have observed, upwards of one million Annual Passholders.
Orange County Register reported that, according to UBS financial analysts, Disneyland Annual Passholders accounted for on average 50% of resort attendance. Themed Entertainment Association/AECOM estimates that the Disneyland Resort drew in approximately 28.6 million guests between its two parks in 2019. According to UBS estimates, Annual Passholders make up for 14.3 million of those guests.
When the numbers are crunched even further into daily park attendance, it’s estimated that it would take a whopping twenty days to let each Passholder into Disneyland Park once, and nearly twice as long for Disney California Adventure. According to OC Register, “that’s without allowing a single daily ticket-buyer or Disney hotel guest into the parks.”
The sheer volume of Passholders alone offers more clarity on Disney’s decision to “sunset” their current AP program. The program will be replaced by new membership offerings once Disneyland announces reopening plans, which likely won’t take place until late spring or perhaps summer. At the very least, Disney announced that the Anaheim Resort will remain closed through the Company’s second quarter of their current Financial Year.
We’ll keep a close watch on Disneyland in the coming months and we will let you know once we learn more about new membership offerings.
Click here to learn more about Disneyland’s decision to end their current Annual Passholder program.
Did you have a Disneyland Annual Pass? Let us know in the comments!
Disneyland Resort News
- The Most Confusing Parts of Disney Genie Explained
- PHOTOS: We’re Simply MAD About Seeing This Rare Character in the Disney Parks!
- FIRST LOOK: Carnation Cafe Has Reopened in Disneyland!
- PHOTOS: Gay Days are Back at Disneyland Resort!
- Magic Key Holders Will Have After-Hours Access to Disney’s Haunted Mansion Holiday
- NEWS: Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin Will Get a NEW Storyline in Disneyland
- A New Haunted Mansion Tiki Mug is Coming Soon to Trader Sam’s in Disneyland!
- PHOTOS: First Look Inside the NEW Tenaya Stone Spa at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- Tickets Now Available For Disneyland’s Merriest Nites After Hours — But Prepare for a WAIT!
- 17 Rides That Are Even Better Than Their Disney World Counterparts
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!