The Rivers of America in the Magic Kingdom recently underwent a big refurbishment.
The river was drained while construction workers refurbished Tom Sawyer Island and the surrounding area. Both the Liberty Square Riverboat and the island were closed during the refurb process. The river has now been completely refilled and Disney is preparing to reopen both attractions!
The rafts that transport guests to Tom Sawyer Island were being tested earlier. Now, the Liberty Belle Riverboat has made its way back to the river and is docked!
The boat is an iconic addition to the Rivers of America and adds to the old-timey American feel of the area.
The entrance still has a closure sign that reads “The Liberty Belle is currently being refitted. We will receive passengers and freight again soon.”
Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Square Riverboat are scheduled to reopen for guests tomorrow, February 5th. We’ll keep an eye out for more closures and refurbishments in the future!
Are you a fan of the Liberty Square Riverboat or Tom Sawyer Island? Let us know in the comments below!
Disney World News!
- WHAT Is Going on With the Moana Attraction in EPCOT?
- How Disney World Could Win Back Fans in 2024
- This NEW Souvenir Lets You Share Your Love for Disney World AND Support a Great Cause
- 13 (!!!) Rides Were Suddenly CLOSED Yesterday in Disney World
- Disney World is ALREADY Using AI in Its Parks — It Isn’t Working
- The PROBLEM With Using Genie+ in Disney World Right Now
- AllEars TV: Best Things I Ate in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The Best Thing I’ve Ever Seen at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- What HAPPENED to the Low Disney World Wait Times in September?!
- This May Be the BEST New Souvenir You Can Get in the EPCOT World Showcase!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!