The Rivers of America in the Magic Kingdom recently underwent a big refurbishment.
The river was drained while construction workers refurbished Tom Sawyer Island and the surrounding area. Both the Liberty Square Riverboat and the island were closed during the refurb process. The river has now been completely refilled and Disney is preparing to reopen both attractions!
The rafts that transport guests to Tom Sawyer Island were being tested earlier. Now, the Liberty Belle Riverboat has made its way back to the river and is docked!
The boat is an iconic addition to the Rivers of America and adds to the old-timey American feel of the area.
The entrance still has a closure sign that reads “The Liberty Belle is currently being refitted. We will receive passengers and freight again soon.”
Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Square Riverboat are scheduled to reopen for guests tomorrow, February 5th. We’ll keep an eye out for more closures and refurbishments in the future!
Are you a fan of the Liberty Square Riverboat or Tom Sawyer Island? Let us know in the comments below!
Disney World News!
- NEW Details Released New Disney Enchantment Fireworks Show!
- Disney World Reveals Harmonious Runtime and MORE!
- Are Wait Times STILL Low in Disney World?
- Disney World to Live Stream Brand NEW 50th Anniversary Fireworks Shows EARLY
- Why You May Hear Fireworks EXTRA Late Tonight in Disney World
- Mickey Pumpkin Wreaths Are GONE in Magic Kingdom
- A Fan Favorite Part of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin Was Missing Today
- Kate Hudson’s Fabletics is Now Open in Disney Springs!
- Select Guests Will Be Able to Ride Disney World’s Rise of the Resistance EARLY
- What You Need to Know About the Virtual Queue for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in EPCOT
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!