Well hello there everybody!! I’m BACK!
It wasn’t too long ago I know no idea what a Wanda or a Vision was, and now here I am, jonesing to watch a series about them! Ever since I finished my first Marvel marathon last year, I’ve been yearning for more content and stories about all of the characters I fell in love with.
Is this what Marvel people felt like before all the movies?! Wow.
Now before we get started, I must admit, Wanda and Vision were…not my favorites. I mean, she’s super kick-butt and powerful — probably the most powerful behind Captain Marvel from my expert analysis. But with so many characters to adore she was middle of the road for me. Now Vision, he’s fine (even though he’s fully responsible for paralyzing Rhodes in Civil War. Don’t come for me. It was NOT Falcon’s fault.). But I cannot get over the fact that he’s a ROBOT and they’re in love. HOW?!
But despite all that, this new show looks wacky and intriguing, and I’m sure it’ll be amazing and confusing all at the same time. Are you ready!? I sure am. Let’s go!
SPOILER ALERT: I will be discussing the plot and my thoughts throughout each episode, so if you haven’t watched it or don’t want it to be spoiled, turn back now! You have until the bottom of the show poster. Consider this your warning.
55 Thoughts I Had Watching the Premiere Episodes of WandaVision
1. OMG THE MARVEL INTRO I AM SO PUMPED.
2. OOOOOOOH, it’s black and white!
3. Loving the theme song!!
4. I normally hate a laugh track but it’s perfect for this.
5. Do I smell a classic mix-em-up?! This show is so pure so far. It’s probably all a rouse.
6. OOOH Paul Bettany! We get to see your face!
7. KATHRYN HAHN IS HERE!!!! Agnes is already the best part.
8. “Married to a man…a human man.” HOW ARE THEY IN LOVE I DON’T GET IT.
9. Of course Vision is a wiz at computations. Also, why doesn’t anyone question his name being Vision?!
10. We all see where this is going right — Wanda thinks it’s a romantic anniversary and Vision thinks it’s dinner with his boss! Wow this is bringing me back to watching I Love Lucy and Leave it To Beaver reruns.
11. WHOA the toaster has a red light!!! And it’s made by Stark!!! Something fishy here.
12. I kinda forgot she was Sokovian myself. Probably because she dropped the horrible fake accent.
13. Agnes is for sure the best.
14. Calling Wanda Fred is very funny. So was Vision’s singing. This is so wholesome.
15. Something is breaking in the matrix!! Wanda can’t answer where they’re from!! The guy is choking!! His wife is way too calm and stuck on a loop!
16. Vision had to save his boss. But it all worked out?
17. Is this whole thing The Truman Show?
18. The making of the rings thing should be so romantic but might I remind you again, that he’s a ROBOT.
19. I adore that this is like a TV show in the 50’s though!! From the opening to the credits.
20. WAIT. WHO’S WATCHING THEM?!
21. Why is there a sword logo on the notebook and the monitor?! I bet that means something!!!!!!!!!!
22. LOL separate beds.
23. Her hair tells me we’re in the 60’s now.
24. Ok, you two battled killer robots and titans and you’re scared of something tapping on the window?!
25. She’s growing on me big time, but the romance is still VERY CONFUSING.
26. OOoh a new intro song!! I hope we get one of these every decade because I cannot WAIT for a Full House style 90’s version.
27. The idea of them doing a bad magic show knowing they are literally magic is very funny.
28. I LOVE YOUR CARDIGAN VIS.
29. Omg the helicopter is in color.
30. OMG IT HAS THAT SWORD LOGO ON IT.
31. HAHAHA Kathryn Hahn is really the best. “Senor Scratchy loves the stage. He played baby Jesus in last year’s Christmas pageant.”
32. Wow Dottie is a high class brat. She’s the Brie van de Camp of this show. I love her?
33. LOL @ Kathryn Hahn with the flask. She’s basically her character from Bad Moms in disguise.
34. OMG THIS IS MONICA RAMBEAU. Maria Rambeau’s daughter from Captain Marvel!!!! (I know this because of the actress.) Now I am confused.
35. Your name is NOT Geraldine.
36. “And I’m irritated!” OH DOTTIE. (I can’t help but love a mean suburban housewife character. They’re so funny to me.)
37. Neighborhood watch is just a men’s gossip club — is this what fantasy football is too?!
38. Oh no..he’s all gummed up…this cannot be good for a robot.
39. Something is broken in the matrix again!!
40. “Help Me Rhonda” sounds a lot like Help Me Wanda. And WHO’S VOICE IS THAT?!
41. The blood is red!!! Omg omg omg.
42. OKAY WHO IS DOTTIE. She’s clearly involved somehow.
43. STRUCKER?! I know that name.
44. OMG A HYDRA LOGO ON THE WATCH.
45. It’s very funny that gum makes Vision drunk.
46. Elizabeth Olsen is so good in this show.
47. “That was my grandmother’s piano.” LOL.
48. “Is that how mirrors work?” This scene is very funny.
49. Kathryn Hahn keeps talking about her husband but we have yet to see him. Is that weird?
50. “I’m not as funny without it, am I?” No Vision, you are not.
51. She’s PREGNANT!? How. LITERALLY HOW HE’S A ROBOT.
52. Who is this beekeeper man?! And why does he have the sword logo again!?
53. Ok so this is clearly all about Wanda and people are breaking into her alternate reality.
55. The voice again!! It kinda sounds like Randall Park who’s in Ant-Man and the Wasp?!
Wow, okay. Overall, I liked it WAY more than I thought I would. Wanda is downright charming and I’m mad at Marvel for not letting her shine more in the films. Vision is still just okay for me, but I did enjoy him as a gum-drunk magician.
If I had just seen the first episode, I don’t think I would be as invested as I am after seeing both. The second one upped the Easter Egg game, and has my mind swimming in theories and wanting to see what’s next!!
Speaking of…if you don’t want things *possibly* spoiled for you, don’t keep reading! Just wait for next week. The next part of my post involves some of my theories going forward, based on the trailer and convos I had with my nerd friends who know a lot more than I do.
So, first of all, can confirm that Randall Park was the voice on the radio. Agent Woo is listed in the credits at the very end when they show who voiced the characters in other languages. He’s also in the trailer (which I just rewatched after the show). If you recall, Jimmy Woo is the hilarious FBI Agent who is hounding Ant-Man throughout Ant-Man and the Wasp. So clearly, he’s involved somehow, perhaps as an agent of S.W.O.R.D?
What’s S.W.O.R.D you ask? (I also asked.) Well according to my nerd friends and husband who I watched this with, it’s like the space version of S.H.I.E.L.D. We actually saw it in the end credits of Spiderman: Far From Home when Nick Fury appears to be on a beach, but he’s actually on a spaceship. This explains the S.W.O.R.D logo popping up so frequently — and it seems very likely that agents from S.W.O.R.D are trying to penetrate Wanda’s alternate reality.
But what is the alternate reality? Is it something Wanda created to deal with the death of Vision? Or is someone else doing it to her?! If so, who!? These are my biggest questions going forward.
Other questions I have:
Why is Darcy Lewis in the trailer (aka the funny assistant from the Thor movies)?
How is Monica Rambeau involved?
Is Kathryn Hahn good or bad?
Is Dottie an agent?
What’s up with the Hydra watch?
Will we get a 90’s sitcom theme song intro?
How have I become this person?
Tune in next week, as we watch episode 3! I can’t wait!
What did you think of the premiere of WandaVision? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Want More of my Marvel Reviews? Check them out here!
- OH MY CHILLS: 48 Thoughts I Had Watching Episode 7 of WandaVision
- Things are Unraveling Quickly: 43 Thoughts I Had During WandaVision Episode 6
- THE MOST SHOCKING EPISODE YET: 43 Thoughts I Had Watching Episode 5 of ‘WandaVision’
- Well, That Got Intense: 33 Thoughts I Had During Episode 4 of ‘WandaVision’
- More Kathryn Hahn, Please! 42 Thoughts I Had Watching WandaVision: Episode 3
- 55 Thoughts I Had Watching the Premiere Episodes of ‘WandaVision’
- I Watched All 23 Marvel Movies 12 Years Late — Here are My Thoughts During Each One
- I Watched All the Marvel Movies 12 Years Late…and We Need to Talk
- Peter Parker is Rocking Those Glasses: 78 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ for the First Time
- I Love This Movie 3000: 135 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Avengers: Endgame’ for the First Time