Raise your hand if you’ve been singing “It was Agatha All Along” non-stop for the past week.
I cannot believe we only have TWO episodes left of WandaVision! It seems like just yesterday we were giggling at the 50’s humor and watching in black and white. How on Earth are they gonna wrap this up?! We still have so many unanswered questions — is Agatha the big baddie, or is someone else pulling the strings? What will happen to Darcy in the Hex? Is Monica a legit superhero now? What’s the deal with Pietro? Who is Jimmy’s contact on the inside?
Let’s get into this second-to-last episode…and see how many answers we get. (I bet we get more questions too cause…Marvel.)
SPOILER ALERT: This post will get into the nitty gritty of the episode, and theories about the finale. DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T WANT SPOILERS.
51 Thoughts I Had Watching WandaVision Episode 8:
1. IT’S PURPLE PEOPLE. THE MARVEL SIGN IS PURPLE.
2. OOOOOh Salem, are we getting the witch trials!? YAS.
3. Oh. but it’s like….the WITCH trials. Like she’s on trial by other witches?! That’s a twist.
4. Is her face CGIed to be younger? I wanna say yes, and I don’t like it. But it looks a lot better than Hank Pym’s CGI.
5. Whoa Agatha is MEGA powerful.
6. If this had been the first scene of this show I would’ve thought it was very stupid. But as it stands, I am HERE for Agatha and her purple CGI powers.
7. Stealing the broach off her mom she just murdered? SAVAGE. I love her.
8. “That accent really comes and goes.” Ain’t that the truth.
9. So it seems like Agatha got an Exceeding Expectations O.W.L in Ancient Runes at Hogwarts, while Wanda is still living in a cupboard under the stairs.
10. Fietro!?! So who was it really? Does it matter? Or did Marvel just give us the biggest Red Herring by casting Pietro from X-men?
11. Starting to think that giant fly isn’t the devil in disguise as I watch the bunny eat it.
12. Ooooh we are going down memory lane. I’m gonna cry this episode aren’t I?
13. THE DVDS!!!!! OMG.
14. “He’s loud isn’t he?!” “I mean we are right here.” Kathryn Hahn is basically Jenn Barkley (her character from Parks & Recreation) right now and it’s killing me.
15. Of course this sweet family memory watching Dick Van Dyke is too good to be true.
16. AHHH the blinking light like the toaster from Episode 1!!!! Which was the 50’s episode…it’s alllllll coming together.
17. Wait….DID she stop that bomb? Has Wanda been powerful all along!?
18. We’re going to Hydra!! That explains commercial two with the watch…
19. LOKI’S STICK!!!
20. OMG THAT’S SCARLET WITCH’S OUTLINE.
21. Now we’re watching the 60’s TV show….it’s ALL COMING TOGETHER BABY.
22. And Hydra can’t see how powerful she is?! OOOOOOOOOOOOOH.
23. Wanda trying to explain sitcoms to Vision is like trying to explain Marvel to people who don’t get it.
24. Can Vision feel grief?! He’s a ROBOT which I have shouted from the rooftops. (And get yelled at about by Quincy but I don’t care.)
25. Agatha is like the best but also the worst therapist.
26. OOOOH we are storming S.W.O.R.D. and looking FIERCE doing it.
27. Like seriously her hair looks amazing.
28. Ugh, Director Hayward. I don’t like you. Have I said that yet?
29. Ok yikes I know I said he’s just a robot this whole time (and this only proves my point), but this is BRUTAL to make her look at them dismantling him.
30. I also assume Hayward is trying to weaponize him which is why he’s tracking him in the Hex?
31. OH DANG DO NOT MESS WITH HER.
32. “I can’t feel you.” Ok, I’m crying.
33. Wait…she didn’t take him?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?
34. Where’d that paper come from?!
35. Oh wow we’re in Westview!? Herb!! Phil! Mrs. Hart! The Mailman! Where’s Dottie!?
36. OMG that’s their house plot.
37. “To grow old in, V.” ANNNNNNDDDDDDDD we’re crying again.
38. I know he’s just a robot but I’ve grown to love Wanda and her grief is too much.
39. Whoa apparently it’s too much for her too…..
40. So she just….made another Vision!?
41. She is SO powerful.
42. “Wanda, welcome home.” UGH my soul hurts for her.
43. Oh the kids, I kinda forgot about them.
44. AGATHA SERVING LEWKS.
45. “That makes you, the Scarlet Witch.” CHILLS. OMG. OMG.
46. Do we get another mid-credits scene!?
47. Hayward again. Gross.
48. They’re gonna weaponize Vision. I just know it.
49. I AM RIGHT BUT I WISH I WASN’T THAT’S A NIGHTMARE.
50. Anyone else getting “Uruk-hai being born” vibes from Lord of the Rings? No? Wow I am really letting my nerd show.
51. HOW IS THIS GONNA WRAP UP IN ONE EPISODE??
Well ok, this was a trip down memory lane that ended up being a nightmare. So Wanda was powerful all along, and then it was amplified by an Infinity Stone so now she can do Chaos Magic and is the Scarlet Witch? That is NOT what I thought her origin story would be but I’m here for it. I’m also now realizing no one has ever called her the Scarlet Witch on-screen until now which is what made that SO dramatic.
Overall, I think this episode was good and certainly ran the gamut of emotions! For a show based on characters I really didn’t care much about, I am crying a LOT more tears than I expected going into this series. I’ve grown to love Wanda, and seeing her in so much pain is really upsetting. I also loved how much Agatha we got this episode but I think I liked last week’s better though — I loved that song, what can I say?!
I have a lot of questions still — is new scary Vision gonna have to battle old Vision? Is Wanda gonna have to watch him die AGAIN? Is Monica under the powers of Agatha too, or how will her superhero skills help out in the finale? What’s the deal with Pietro? Didn’t Jimmy say he had a mole on the inside — was that a throw away line or is there actually someone else who will reveal a secret identity? Is there a bigger baddie, or was it really Agatha all along?
Only time will tell — we have less than ONE WEEK til the finale. And then I’ll have no idea what to do with my Friday evenings. (For one week only, then it’s onto Falcon and Winter Solider. This is my life now.)
POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT: This next part will get into some fan theories about what’s to come in the finale, so while this is clearly speculation it could POSSIBLY be a spoiler. Don’t read on if you don’t want to know, and I thank you for making it this far.
First things first, who the heck is Fietro? Did Disney really cast Evan Peters just to mess with us? Or will there really be a tie-in to X-men? Fans on the interwebs are torn, but most people seem to lean towards Pietro being there on purpose, with potential Mutant connections for future series. We didn’t see him at all this week, but last week we saw him sneak up on Monica. Speaking of Monica, she’s Photon now right?! Are we going to get to see her powers in action? Whatever happens, it seems there will definitely be a tie-in/set up for Captain Marvel 2.
How about missing characters? People have speculated a lot about “Ralph,” Agnes’ never-been-seen husband, thinking he may have been Mephisto (or another new super villain.) Was Ralph another red herring? Or are we going to meet another baddie, which will set up future films like Dr. Strange 2 or Spider-man 3? Same goes for Monica’s engineer — they made a big deal out of him but we never met him. Could it be Mr. Fantastic? Rhodey? They could reveal that quickly (maybe even in a post-credits scene) and it could lead us to upcoming series.
There is a LOT to wrap up in just one episode, and I’m already counting down. Most importantly though, are they gonna drop another bop before it’s all over?!
See you next weekend when I’m in my final WandaVision rabbit hole.
What did you think of Episode 8? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Want More of my WandaVision Reviews? Check them out here!
- I’m Mad That I’m Sobbing Again: 54 Thoughts I Had During the WandaVision Finale
- Why Am I Crying Over a Robot? 51 Thoughts I Had Watching WandaVision Episode 8
- OH MY CHILLS: 48 Thoughts I Had Watching Episode 7 of WandaVision
- Things are Unraveling Quickly: 43 Thoughts I Had During WandaVision Episode 6
- THE MOST SHOCKING EPISODE YET: 43 Thoughts I Had Watching Episode 5 of ‘WandaVision’
- Well, That Got Intense: 33 Thoughts I Had During Episode 4 of ‘WandaVision’
- More Kathryn Hahn, Please! 42 Thoughts I Had Watching WandaVision: Episode 3
- 55 Thoughts I Had Watching the Premiere Episodes of ‘WandaVision’