Disney wouldn’t be what it is without the amazing Cast Members, Imagineers, animators, and more who bring the magic to life each and every day.
And, another legendary Imagineer will be saying goodbye to Disney to move onto his next adventure soon!
After 42 years of making magic with the Walt Disney Company, Kevin Rafferty will be retiring from his position as an Imagineer with Walt Disney Imagineering on April 1st. During his career, he helped in the creation of Cars Land, Toy Story Midway Mania, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Test Track, Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster, Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, and more!
Despite his continuous brilliant contributions to the parks, Rafferty has said “It feels like it’s time” as he lets his legacy speak for himself. He stated that I wanted to go out at the top of my game, if you will. It just felt right.” He has seen the Disney Parks continue to grow as there were only two Disney theme parks in the world when he started.
When he first began his career with Disney, he started as a dishwasher at the Plaza Inn in Disneyland. One day he saw a job notice for WED Enterprises to help design and develop EPCOT. And, since then, the rest is history!
Rafferty humbly noted in an interview with D23, “When I started, there were only two Disney parks in the world. It’s really been my honor, my pleasure, and my joy to be around and watch the expansion of the magic that Walt Disney Imagineering has made.”
At the opening of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Molly got the chance to speak with Rafferty as well, where he shared behind-the-scenes details on the making of Disney’s newest attraction.
We’ll definitely miss Kevin Rafferty’s amazing contributions, we know that his legacy will definitely live on within the Disney Company! As we find out additional news about Disney Parks, we’ll update you on everything else happening soon!
What was your favorite project that Kevin Rafferty helped on? Let us know in the comments below!
- Mickey and Friends Are the Faces of Levi’s New Collection in Disney World and Online!
- This Magic Kingdom Attraction Had the Longest Wait Time in Disney World!
- NEWS: Star Wars Trading Post is Getting a New Location in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney!
- The Wait Time for Cookies is 11 HOURS in Disney World Today!
- Today Marks the Official Grand Opening of Gideon’s Bakehouse in Disney Springs!
- What’s the Difference Between Disney’s Early Theme Park Entry and Extra Magic Hours?
- Limited-Edition Annual Passholder Merchandise is Coming Soon to Disney World!
- NEWS: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Vice President Djuan Rivers Announces Retirement After 30 Years
- Disney Park Passes Have Been Refreshed for the Month of January!
- Splash Around with Disney’s New Little Mermaid Water Play Set!