A few days ago, Disney’s dining reservations website experienced a technical issue which caused a number of reservations to become available for restaurants and times that were already fully booked.
Disney later shared that it would automatically be canceling those reservations and is now reaching out to affected guests.
If you made a dining reservation while Disney’s dining reservation website was experiencing some technical difficulties and that dining reservation is going to be canceled by Disney, you should be receiving an email from Disney soon with more details on the situation.
The email explains that due to the technical issue their website experienced, some reservations appeared for restaurants or times that were already fully booked. In order to continue limiting attendance at its restaurants and promote physical distancing, these reservations cannot be kept and Disney is automatically canceling them. The email will specify which of your reservations are affected and provide you with a cancellation number.
The email also notes that, because of these cancellations and as a thank you for making Disney part of your day, affected guests will receive a $25 digital Disney Gift Card sent by Disney Gift Card Services, which you’ll be able to use during your next visit to Disney World.
Disney has also already resolved the technical issue, so if your reservation gets canceled, you can go back on the dining website now to see if there is any other availability and book new reservations.
So, if you have a reservation that you anticipate will be canceled, be on the lookout for this email from Disney and be sure to check the “My Plans, Reservations and Tickets” section in your My Disney Experience account to check what reservations appear there. If your reservation was made outside of the glitch time, it will not be canceled or changed.
If we hear any further updates on this situation we’ll let you know.
Recent Stories About Disney World
- These Are the 8 Best Eats You’re Going to Want to Try at EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays!
- Photos! Winnie the Pooh’s Holiday Outfit is Bringing All the Christmas Cheer in EPCOT!
- PHOTOS: Here Are the Crowds We Saw in Disney World During Thanksgiving Weekend!
- Someone Was Missing from the Mickey & Friends Holiday Cavalcade in EPCOT Today!
- Six Best Things You Can Do at Walt Disney World for the 2020 Holidays
- NEWS: The Feeding Ground Has Reopened At Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
- JOYFUL! Has Returned to the for the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays!
- Photos! There’s A Really Long Line to Enter the Land Pavilion in EPCOT Today!
- These Were the Average Wait Times for the Most Popular Rides in Disney World Last Week!
- PHOTOS: You’re in for a Sweet Treat With This Year’s Cookie Stroll at the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays!
Did you make a reservation that has been affected by these cancellations? Let us know in the comments.