A few days ago, Disney’s dining reservations website experienced a technical issue which caused a number of reservations to become available for restaurants and times that were already fully booked.
Disney later shared that it would automatically be canceling those reservations and is now reaching out to affected guests.
If you made a dining reservation while Disney’s dining reservation website was experiencing some technical difficulties and that dining reservation is going to be canceled by Disney, you should be receiving an email from Disney soon with more details on the situation.
The email explains that due to the technical issue their website experienced, some reservations appeared for restaurants or times that were already fully booked. In order to continue limiting attendance at its restaurants and promote physical distancing, these reservations cannot be kept and Disney is automatically canceling them. The email will specify which of your reservations are affected and provide you with a cancellation number.
The email also notes that, because of these cancellations and as a thank you for making Disney part of your day, affected guests will receive a $25 digital Disney Gift Card sent by Disney Gift Card Services, which you’ll be able to use during your next visit to Disney World.
Disney has also already resolved the technical issue, so if your reservation gets canceled, you can go back on the dining website now to see if there is any other availability and book new reservations.
So, if you have a reservation that you anticipate will be canceled, be on the lookout for this email from Disney and be sure to check the “My Plans, Reservations and Tickets” section in your My Disney Experience account to check what reservations appear there. If your reservation was made outside of the glitch time, it will not be canceled or changed.
If we hear any further updates on this situation we’ll let you know.
Recent Stories About Disney World
- The Top 7 Things We Hope Reopen SOON in Disney World
- PHOTOS: Can You Guess Which Fan-Favorite Celebrity We Saw in Disney World?!
- The Worst Decisions You’re Making in Disney World
- AllEars TV: Disney World Snack Goes HORRIBLY Wrong
- PHOTOS: There’s FILMING Happening in Disney World Today!
- We Have A Champion for the Disney World Ultimate Tournament!
- Buy One of These Disney Gift Cards and Get a BONUS One Free!
- Another EPCOT Store Has Temporarily Closed!
- PHOTOS: We Found a Social Distancing Problem in Disney World
- NEW Luxury Apartments Coming Near Disney World — Here’s When!
Did you make a reservation that has been affected by these cancellations? Let us know in the comments.