Recipes Peach Cobbler Liberty Inn American Adventure – Epcot
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup boiling water, divided
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup peach juice, divided
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 pound (4 cups) frozen peaches
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Method of Preparation
FOR COBBLER DOUGH:
1. Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
2. Mix on low speed, slowly adding butter until dough is crumbly.
3. Add boiling water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is soft and no longer crumbly.
4. Roll dough into log 3 inches wide. Cover in plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours or until firm.
FOR OAT TOPPING:
1. Mix flour, sugar, oats, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
2. Stir in melted butter. Refrigerate until ready to use.
FOR PEACH FILLING:
1. Combine 2 tablespoons of peach juice with brown sugar in a large sauté pan over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until sugar dissolves.
2. Add frozen peaches and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until peaches are soft.
3. Mix cornstarch with remaining peach juice. Pour into warm peaches and stir until juice is thick. Set aside.
FOR PEACH COBBLER:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 8 (8-ounce) ramekins on a baking sheet.
2. Fill each ramekin with 1/4 cup of peach filling.
3. Slice cobbler dough into 8 slices and place on top of peaches. Top each slice of dough with 1/4 cup of oat crumble.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.