Recipes Guinness Stew Rose & Crown United Kingdom – Epcot
2 pounds sirloin cubes
1 ounce olive oil
1 each dry bay leaf
8 ounces diced onions
4 ounces diced carrots
½ ounce chopped garlic
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
8 ounces Guinness stout
1 quart beef broth
Method of Preparation:
• Sear sirloin cubes in a large stock pot in a small amount of olive oil, add the bay leaf.
• Once the meat has a good sear on it (browned), add the onions and carrots. Cook until the onions are translucent.
• Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, and chili flakes. Cook for one minute and add the Guinness.
• Allow the Guinness to simmer for five minutes, then add the beef broth.
• Simmer for 30 minutes. Liquid should reduce by at least 1/3.
• Season with salt and pepper to your personal taste.
Cook's note: To thicken stew if wanted, make a slurry of 1 ounce cornstarch and 2 ounces water and add to stew while at a simmer.