Recipes Chocolate Lava Cake California Grill Contemporary Resort
8 1-ounce semisweet chocolate squares chopped or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 sticks of butter
5 egg yolks
4 whole eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
Method of preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 375 lightly butter sides of 6 individual (3/4 cup) ramekins lightly coat with sugar. Shake out excess
2. Melt chocolate & butter in double boiler set over simmering water stir until smooth. Remove from water & cool 10 minutes
3. Beat egg yolks & whole eggs together add sugar & beat 2 minutes until thick & light
4. Fold in chocolate mixture.
5. Sift flour then fold into batter until smooth.
6. Divide batter among prepared cups filling 3/4 full.
7. Place on baking sheet & bake 35 to 40 minutes or until sides of cake are set and middle is still soft. Do not overheat
8. Using a small knife cut around sides of cake to loosen. Invert onto plates & serve with favorite ice cream.
Cooks note: You can also use muffin tins. Recipe makes 12. Bake for 15 minutes or until set & middle is still soft.