New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World
Monsieur Paul Restaurant in Epcot France still has a few tables available from noon to 4 pm and then after 8:30… Call WDW-Dine!
2018 New Year’s Eve celebrations that will be held at Disney’s Contemporary Resort:
— “Disney Countdown to Midnight” includes dining, live music with an interactive band and DJ, and more in the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. This party is designed for guests 18 and older and will run from 8 p.m. to 12:15 a.m.
Highlights of the evening include:
- A “cheftainment” station featuring a seasonal menu inspired by some Disney Signature Dining restaurants – with a touch of Disney magic.
- A special appearance by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- At the end of the night, guests will be invited out to the porte cochère, where they will receive a champagne flute and welcome 2019 with a viewing of the famous Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Tickets are $275, including tax and gratuity.
Ink and Paint Club experience (7 p.m.-12:15 a.m.)
Offered only as a VIP enhancement to the Disney Countdown to Midnight party and located adjacent to the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, this special reception begins prior to the opening of the main event. At the Ink and Paint Club, guests will step back in time into a vintage Disney Animation-inspired room with silver Chiavari chairs, metallic tables and references to classic Disney Animation filling the room. Ticketed guests can visit the lounge throughout the evening, starting with a featured reception from 7-8 p.m.
Highlights of this special reception include:
- Photo opportunities with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse with a unique Disney Animation backdrop.
- A pianist providing live entertainment.
- Chef stations featuring king crab, tuna tartare, sheep’s milk ricotta gnocchi, cocktails, Champagne, cordials and more – all included with admission.
- Reserved seating in the Disney Countdown to Midnight Party when it opens at 8 p.m.
Disney Ink & Paint Club is only available as a part of an enhanced ticket that includes access to both the Disney Countdown to Midnight and the Ink & Paint Club for $450 total per guest. Access to Ink & Paint Club must be purchased concurrently with the Disney Countdown to Midnight ticket and cannot be added on at a later date.
—“Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration” is a family-friendly way to ring in the New Year with a Disney-Pixar-inspired buffet dinner. It will run from 8 p.m. to 12:15 a.m.
Sarge from Pixar Animation Studios’ Toy Story films will welcome you as you arrive at the second floor of the resort. Once inside, you will discover spaces that have been transformed with scenes from beloved Pixar movies.
Highlights of the evening include:
- Being enveloped in the worlds of various Disney-Pixar films, like “Inside Out,” “The Incredibles,” “Finding Nemo” and “Up,” including meeting some of your favorite characters.
- Kids’ activities, including Boot Camp with Sarge, Pixar Face Painting and a balloon artist creating favorite Pixar characters.
- An interactive DJ spinning Radio Disney hits from his Cars-inspired DJ Rig, complete with tires and road signs right out of Radiator Springs.
- A delicious buffet dinner, including Woody’s Favorite Lemon Thyme Chicken Breast, Wall-E’s Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi, Rex’s Manhattan Filet, Sulley’s Beast White Cheddar Baked Mac & Cheese, build-your-own salad options, desserts, kids’ favorites like chicken fingers and more.
- A viewing of the famous Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Tickets are $190 per person, including tax and gratuity.
To purchase tickets for either event, call (407) WDW-DINE.
- New Year’s Countdown Fireworks – Say “au revoir” to 2017 around World Showcase as dazzling fireworks light up the sky to welcome 2018 in a booming big way! This one-night spectacular starts at 11:40 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Parties – A DJ dance party will have guests dancing and grooving “around the world” with special entertainment at the America Garden Stage, Future World Fountain Stage and other areas throughout the park. Just for New Year’s Eve, you can move to your own beat with music playing in your headphones at the “Silent Groove” dance party that will take place at Future World Center.
- New Year’s Eve Buffet Dinner – Sip and dip your way into 2018 by indulging in a lavish buffet of savory foods and decadent desserts at this ticketed event in World Showplace. See details below under “Special Dining.” For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks – Guests will ring in the New Year in front of Cinderella Castle with the cherished fan-favorite fireworks show that will take place Dec. 30 and 31, 2017, beginning at 11:50 p.m. Additional showings will light up the sky both nights at 6:30 p.m.
- Frontierland and Tomorrowland New Year’s Celebration Dance Parties – Put on your dancing shoes and boot-scoot with a hoppin’ beat ’til midnight in Frontierland. Or jump start the New Year with an upbeat get-together in Tomorrowland, blasting into 2018 with futuristic tunes.
Park hours on Dec. 30 and 31, 2017 are 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- New Year’s Eve Dance Party – Revelers will get the party started with a DJ dance party all around Center Stage in front of the Chinese Theatre with special projections on the theatre. The fun starts at 7 p.m. on Dec. 31. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, the nighttime holiday show will take place at 8 p.m. wrapping fireworks, state-of-the-art projections, special effects and music into one grand spectacle. The elaborate nightly themed firework show, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, will bring in the New Year with a special twist at midnight!
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to midnight.
Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to special holiday music and entertainment.
Be sure to check with your resort for activities.
Be sure to check back for 2018 activities.
Visit our New Year’s with the Family Reader Comments Page HERE for more ideas on what to do in the World during the holidays.