Reviews of Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Reviewed by HeartBreakKris Review Date: 09/27/2021

The original Tower of Terror & the best one! My first experience with Tower of Terror was in California (before it was Mission Breakout) so I was so surprised when the elevator left the elevator shaft! Without any other spoilers I will say the theming is terrific and it really does have a lot of thrills. It’s spooky, a little scary, but all in a good way. The exterior is well done, and all the inside decor leaves plenty of Twilight Zone Easter eggs to look for!

Pros:

Twilight Zone theming, big drops & thrills

Cons:

If you don’t like drops, don’t ride this ride

Reviewed by DisneyAddict48 Review Date: 09/19/2021

This really is a fun ride! I have to make it a must do every time i visit Hollywood Studios. I have so many great memories of riding Tower of Terror and i am very excited to ride this next time i go! This is a MUST DO attraction for every thrill seeker in the family! Love the twilight zone theming. It does get pretty dark at some times, so if you are scared of the dark or have members of your party that are scared of the dark, you may want to skip this. Otherwise, an amazing ride, well done Disney!

Pros:

Epic thrills, fast, amazing storyline

Cons:

May be too dark for some people in your party

Reviewed by Sparky999 Review Date: 09/01/2021

It's simple. This ride take 50 years of Imagineering expertise, adds genuine thrills, along with the perfect IP- and the result is the best ride Disney have ever made. Whether you are 6 or 60, this ride has something for you, and it is undoubtedly the highlight of the Disney ride catalogue. While it could do with a bit of love regarding it's upkeep, ToT is the perfect attraction.

Pros:

The theming is flawless. The atmosphere is electric. The pacing and effects are second to none. Genuinely unnerving and (if it's your first time) surprising. This is a modern classic.

Cons:

Some effects have fallen by the wayside since 1994. I worry it will close soon in-line with thematic and artistic changes that are currently undergoing at Disney Hollywood Studios.

Reviewed by GryffindorArtist Review Date: 08/30/2021

I love this ride so much it is so thrilling the lobby is awesome I mean the line it is probably one of the best rides ever and definitely the best drop tower I mean pull tower I love this Attraction but it always has a long wait the pre show is okay but cool I love dropping and probably the best part the cast members they are so good at there job!!! This s the best ride at Hollywood Studios!

Pros:

It's Thrilling The Queue The Horror Part The Cast Members

Cons:

It always has a long line

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 08/02/2021

I hate drop rides, but this one is incredibly fun because of the atmosphere and storytelling. Even if you don't know Twilight Zone, you can still get into the creepy atmosphere and 1930s ambience. I do have to psych myself up before I get on this ride because I don't love drop rides, but I never regret it!

Pros:

Great ride system, amazing atmosphere

Cons:

Long lines

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/14/2021

Horrifying! The worst ride in Disney if you ask me

Pros:

Theaming is cool

Cons:

Horrifying drop!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/13/2021

Great Hollywood Studios standby. The drops are awesome!!

Pros:

Relatively short lines for a great ride

Cons:

Heights are not for everyone

Reviewed by LJTombs Review Date: 06/06/2021

Best drop ride I have ever been on!!

I'm a HUGE Twilight Zone so I love this theme. The queue is the best WDW has to offer. I love seeing some props and Easter eggs placed throughout it.

The randomness of the drops make this drop ride unique when compared to others I have been on.

I really hope they keep this Twilight Zone theme and don't pull a Disneyland.

I ride this ride multiple times when visiting.

Pros:

EVERYTHING

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by KHCloud Review Date: 05/26/2021

Ride is really fun with a great queue that really gets you prepped for the upcoming ride. Drop tower experience is endlessly repeatable due to it's somewhat random nature. Technology is still fun and immersive. Might be a bit of an issue if you have back pain.

Pros:

Thrilling ride with great theming and one of the best queues in Disney World history. Fun to go on repeat times.

Cons:

Literal pain in the butt if you have lower back pain.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/24/2021

Waited over an hour in the hot Flordia sun for this ride. This is one of those Disney rides that everyone rides at least once while they are at Disney, sort of like a right of passage. This ride is incredibly short and is not worth the long wait. While this ride does feature multiple drop sequences while similar rides at other amusement parks only feature the single "page needle" drop towers, the thrill that this ride brings can be found in almost any other amusement park. That being said, if this ride has a short wait this is a must ride if only for the story and details in the queue. The queue is so immersive I almost forgot that I was in Hollywood Studios and not a run-down haunted hotel. This ride can be very scary, so if haunted houses or drop rides are not your thing then sit this one out.

Pros:

Theming, immersive

Cons:

Generic drop ride, scary, long lines outside

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios Rides and Attractions