Reviews of Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Sci Fi Dine-In Theater Dining Location

Read more about Sci-Fi Dine-In including links to the menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/sci-fi-dine-in-theater

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had lunch here on August 24. First time for my wife and my teenage daughter's friend. They loved the theme and movies. Three of us enjoyed the food; my wife did not, thus the rating of 7. But will try it again sometime.

Pros:

Theme, most of the food

Cons:

My wife's burger

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/12/2019

I wasn't impressed. You can barely read the menu because it is so dark. The darkness at least hides how dirty the tables are.

Pros:

average food. QSR restaurants are better

Cons:

cleanliness

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 08/08/2019

We love this place and will continue to dine here at least once a trip. However, our most recent visit on 7/30/19 was not great. We had a larger party and they decided to squish 9 of us into one of the "cars" (car front end and back end but regular table in the middle). 9 adults, not children. We had no room to move, a couple of us had to sit sideways. It was very uncomfortable. And the table was very close to the kitchen door so between the light and noise coming from the kitchen every time a server swung the door open and closed, we neither heard nor saw any of the sci fi film reels, which was really disappointing. Food was fine, as typically is - nothing fantastic but decent burgers and sandwiches.

Pros:

great atmosphere, decent food

Cons:

unfortunate and uncomfortable decisions made in seating

Reviewed by Shoylerth Review Date: 06/11/2019

Really enjoyed dining there before but last time was disappointing. Food was okay. Too dark to read menu and couldn’t see your food when it arrived.

Pros:

Liked drive- in atmosphere and the old sci-fi movie clips.

Cons:

Too dark. Food okay.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/11/2019

Too dark inside. Hard to read the menu and even hard to see your food when it comes. Food was okay not great. Really enjoyed it before but the last time was disappointing.

Pros:

Love the drive-in atmosphere and the clips from the old sci-fi movies.

Cons:

Too dark. Food was okay not great.

Reviewed by Cathy1213 Review Date: 05/17/2019

1st time and was expecting alittle better food.. Didn't get a car very disappointed. Food was ok.

Pros:

service was great.

Cons:

didn't get a car to sit in had a table

Reviewed by LouO Review Date: 04/29/2019

Cool retro style drive-in movie theater theme; complete with full screen and old footage playing. Eating in 50's style car's is the final touch. I try and go here every visit. Food is good, ol' american, drive-in style, so if you like a burger and fries you'll enjoy this place!

Pros:

limited menu (in a good way) cool atmosphere (you feel totally immersed)

Cons:

addicting (LOL)

Reviewed by Dreamer Review Date: 04/25/2019

We avoided Sci Fi for years based on not-so-good reviews. We were pleasantly surprised when we dined here and now my son requests to eat here on every trip. Our visit a few weeks ago was great. We tend to stick with burgers and milkshakes because they are so tasty. Some of the video clips are hysterical.

Pros:

Burgers. Milkshakes. Fun theme.

Cons:

Hard to get a reservation.

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/21/2019

Drive-in theater feel with classic car seating.

Pros:

Fun atmosphere. Corny sci-fi film clips. Must do experience.

Cons:

Not the best food when we went, but have heard they have upped their quality recently.

Reviewed by bassman958 Review Date: 04/19/2019

We ate here in September 2018. We hadn't eaten there for 25 years. I remembered hotdogs and hamburgers and shakes, but not much else. I ended up enjoying my meal there almost more than any other that trip! The hamburger was really gourmet, just a real treat. I also really enjoyed the cocktail I ordered with the flashing light-up ice cube. The wait staff was great, the atmosphere was fun, and the food was a significant step up from what I expected.

Pros:

Relaxing and cool. Food was excellent. The old sci-fi movies and period ads are a fun way to spend a meal.

Cons:

It tends to be a bit dim, which may make it difficult for some, but a nice break from the bright sun.

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios