Most Recent Reviews

Review of Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/07/2016

Let me preface this by saying Via Napoli has always been a favorite or ours when it comes to pizza. However, we were disappointed this time around. We ordered a Prosciutto e Melone Signature Pie and a Funghi Signature Pie. Both had crusts that were on the doughy side which is very reminiscent of their sister restaurant - Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria - in Disneyland. What happened to the thin, crusty pie? What made the experience worse was that the service was perfunctory at best.

Pros:

Italy Pavillion

Cons:

Pizza, Service

Review of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

We choose the preferred rooms and we were placed in the 70's, Very convenient to the bus stop, which is nice when your traveling with small children.

Food court is adequate with a limited selection. Open late which is really nice for a late night snack. Oh and they have energy drinks (my personal addiction)

We were there in Dec. and pool was cool not warm, but it was tolerable.

Bus rides were long and uncomfortable because of the crowds. Unfortunately able bodied men who could stand did not. I witnessed many women holding their small child having to stand on the bus. Sad...

The Arcade has two massage chairs that are wonderful. I highly recommend them.

The laundry machines were very efficient and worked great.

Hot Water! Apparently in an effort to conserve electricity the hot water is turned of nightly and not turned back on until around 7:30 AM. I like to get up early some days to beat the crowds to the Parks and cold showers feel awful.

Beds are small, full sized at best. So if your planning on two people per bed, well....good luck with that.

Overall it's a nice place and I'd recommend it to anyone who would like to save some money.

Pros:

Clean Comfortable Affordable

Cons:

No Hot Water until 7:30 AM and bus always at max capacity

Review of Coral Reef - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

Amazing seafood with very large portions. Our sever was a very pleasant young woman who always appeared at our table at the right moment. Advanced Dinning Resv. got us in and to our table quick. Great place to take kids to eat.

Pros:

Food/Service/Atmosphere

Review of Disney's DELUXE Dining Plan

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

We wanted to go to as many character meals as we could fit in on this trip for my 5 year old granddaughter. For her this trip was all about meeting the Princess'. It worked out wonderfully and we didn't waste a meal. Trip we took a few years ago we were with young adults and the Quick Serve plan was perfect. Think about who your with, it takes a lot of time out of each day to have a sit down meal at least once a day. It makes balancing those Fast Pass' with dinning resv. quite tricky. Our next trip is the wife and I alone. We will use the Deluxe plan because we want to go to as many of the more expensive meals as we can. I've ridden plenty of rides, for me Disney World is all about Fine Dinning.

Pros:

Great plan if your doing several character meals

Cons:

Too much if your plans are to spend most of your time in Parks

Review of 1900 Park Fare Character Breakfast

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

Without a doubt it was the most awesome breakfast of all the restaurants. Eggs Benedict made to perfection. Strawberry Soup is amazing. I ate so much food they may not let me come back (LOL). Each character comes to the table and genuinely takes their time with the kids. The Mad Hatter was incredibly pleasant and funny. My wife and I are planning on a trip in 2017 with just us (no kids). Would it be weird if we went to the character meal just for the buffet? I hope not because it's on our list.

Pros:

Best Breakfast anywhere on Disney.

Review of Teppan Edo - Japan

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

We really enjoyed every aspect of our meal. Service was great and the food was delicious. The young woman who took our orders did a trick with the chop stick wrapper which made the chops sticks easy to use for my 5 year old granddaughter. (And me as well) Best desert for me was the hot Green Tea. It soothes your stomach after you stuff yourself silly. Thank goodness for the Dinning Plan!

Pros:

Awesome Food and a lot of it.

Review of 'Ohana Best Friends Character Breakfast

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

I was disappointed this trip, I've eaten there in the past and it was better, The characters were being rushed by their handlers. The food in the past was brought out in separate bowls, this time it was all lumped into one large bowl. Server forgot who we were and spent most of his time on the table next to us, was it something we said? His other tables seemed like they needed attention as well. To bad gratuity was automatically included with the bill. Most definitely will pass this one by next time we take the grand-kids.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Food was not up to par. Server seemed aloof.

Review of Chip and Dale Harvest Feast at The Garden Grill

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

My family and I particularly liked the char-grilled sliced filet of beef which was cooked just right and was flavorful. The turkey breast (sliced) was moist, but the smaller chunks of turkey were dry. Overall, the food was very good considering it is family style. I would give this a nod over Ohana in terms of food quality. Our server - Joann, a legacy cast member - was outstanding. She checked on us on a regular basis and ensure that we were taken cared of. As for the characters, Chip and Dale were our faves, but all characters came around at least 2 times, but it could have been 3. The character interaction was not rushed at all which is noteworthy given how busy it was (Christmas day). The only downside is that there is little room to get up and meet the characters (for picture purposes).

Pros:

Service, Food

Cons:

Crowded

Review of Morimoto Asia

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

We started with the five spice chicken wings (very good), crab rangoon (good), chicken dumplings (very good), and hamachi tartare (just okay). I really liked the Peking duck which had crispy skin and moist meat, but my DW, DS, and DD said it was just okay. Keep in mind that all 3 do not care for duck in general. The Morimoto spare ribs, however, were a hit. The bbq sauce - hoison sweet chili glaze - was very flavorful and the meat was very tender. As for the service, our server was mediocre at best. It took about 10 minutes for her to acknowledge us after being seated. Also, she did not regularly check on us to ensure we were okay. Lastly, she didn't appear to understand my questions about the entrees or gift card. Bottom line, we were happy with the food, but the service could be better (which may not be indicative of the other servers).

Pros:

Spare ribs, Peking duck

Cons:

Service

Review of Flying Fish Cafe

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

We visited Flying Fish Cafe twice during our recent stay. The first visit with my wife was for the Chef's Tasting Wine Dinner which was excellent and highly recommended. I brought my kids along the second time for regular dining. My DW and DD had the NY strip steak and loved it. My DS opted for the filet mignon with dungeness crab and enjoyed it. I ordered the potato wrapped red snapper. The fish was cooked just right and it was great. BTW, if you are thinking of ordering the Entree Duo, it is no longer offered. It was not on the menu and I even asked the server and he said it was not available. We also had the artisanal cheese plate to start with which was quite good. The only downside for both dining experiences was the hostess. We had the same hostess for both visits and found her to be dour and not very friendly.

Pros:

Cons:

Hostess
1 2,220 2,221 2,222 2,223 2,224 2,229