Most Recent Reviews

Review of Cafe Orleans Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

We went here for the monte cristos. Everyone said to go this route to get the same famous monte cristo for less $. It was totally worth it. My husband had the traditional and I had the 3 cheese...I liked his a bit better, but they are both great. The kids also adored the Mickey beignets.

The service, right down to the chef's attention to food allergies, was awesome.

The setting is also fun. We were outside, right along the railings and people were constantly ooooing and ahhing over our food. Some of the area musicians even popped by to chat.

I'd say this one is a must do and worth repeating.

Pros:

Monte Cristos for less $ and beignets; setting

Review of Carnation Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

Some of the food was really good, while other items were so so. The meatloaf tasted like sausage, so we weren't big fans. We also don't care for beans in chili, so that was a let down. The burger and fried pickles were decent and the malts we ordered were great.

We sat inside and the historical photos are pretty cool, but there's nothing overly neat about dining here. You also have to leave the restaurant to use the restroom and there's a strange unmarked door without a handle for re-entry that you use to access the area near the bathroom line.

I think this is one of those if you want a sit down meal, but maybe it's more of a last minute decision. i.e. I wouldn't go out of my way to dine here.

Pros:

Good basic food/great service/good location

Cons:

The meatloaf has a funky taste/beans in the chili

Review of Plaza Inn Minnie and Friends Breakfast

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

This is by far the best character meal we've ever done. We saw 11 characters when we dined there and from my research, you just never know who you are going to see. The interaction was also not as stiff like you get at standard character meals.

The food was really good, and I must say that Disneyland Mickey waffles are so much better than Disney World waffles. My big complaint was that the line for things like sausage and bacon took forever, while the line for custom omelettes was running really efficiently. You'd think it would be the other way around.

I'm also not a big fan of cafeteria trays and how the food servers give you your plates.

Still, this is such a fun meal and worth the time and $.

Pros:

TONS Of Characters, Good breakfast food, Good service

Cons:

Lines for certain items, Plate and Tray situation

Review of Carthay Circle Restaurant

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

First off, it is a gorgeous restaurant, the service was top notch, and the food and drinks...for the most part...were excellent. My duck was a bit dry, but I think that was the only real complaint.

As for the kid part, our kids are usually very well behaved, open to eating a variety of things, and have been to a number of signature spots at WDW. Still, even though this wasn't Napa Rose and was in park dining, we were some of the only ones in there with children when we dined. In fact another patron came by our table on the way out to compliment our girls on their good behavior. While it's nice that people notice, it made it feel more obvious that they were some of the only children there.

I definitely think it's worth dining here, but you'll have to decide if you're comfortable bringing your children as it is a rather refined setting.

We did this for the World of Color package. It was the holidays and we didn't wan to deal with the crowds. The one lighting tower in the way was a pain, but we liked the spot beyond that. It was a chilly night and we definitely didn't want to be anywhere where we might get wet.

Pros:

Setting/Food/Service

Cons:

Minor Food Issues/Maybe not the best for kids

Review of Storyteller's Cafe Breakfast

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

The food was all really good and was happy to see a Disneyland breakfast with smoked salmon. Although the bagels were nowhere near any of this and they were minis. We were also visited by a manager who was very pleasant.

Shortly before we went, I heard news that they cut back on the characters. We saw Chip, Dale, Meeko and Kenai...and that this is now the set character rotation. Don't get me wrong...I like Chip and Dale, but we did 3 different character meals this trip and they were at every single one. Bringing back Koda, Terk, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, or some other animals would make a lot more sense to me.

Pros:

Good Food and Service

Cons:

They've cut back on the characters

Review of Goofy's Kitchen Character Dinner Buffet

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

It's one of the better character dinners we've had. There were actually a handful of items on the buffet that were pretty good. That being said, it was still a buffet with a lot of food that wasn't as good as a menu based restaurant. Still, the fresh caprese salad, the carved turkey, the shrimp salad, and the mac & cheese were surprisingly good.

I'd also seen videos with a wide variety of characters, but had heard that more recently, they've shifted to Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale...and that's exactly what we got. It was fun, but it would be nice if they could change it up more.

Pros:

Fun Meal

Cons:

Average Food and Service

Review of Howard Johnson Hotel

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

The Hojo is a great Good Neighbor option. The rooms are spacious, have balconies, and even have Disney decor touches. The service at the hotel was good and housekeeping did a good job.

The walk to get onto Disney property never took more than 5 minutes, so while it's a little bit farther than some options on Harbor, it's still a super easy walk.

We also watched fireworks from the parking lot, but supposedly you can see them from the balconies in some preferred rooms.

My only complaints- and they are minor...
1. if you're in the 2 story buildings, there are no elevators. We didn't really mind, but we did have a lot of luggage to drag up to our room. They warned us about this before checking in...it just makes you question your decision to OK the room when you're on your 4 round of bringing up bags.
2. a lot of the hotels on Harbor offer complimentary breakfast. It would have been nice if the Hojo offered even something basic...like fruit. We wound up taking pop tarts every morning

It has a neat water playground, but it was chilly while we were there, so we never used it. It's definitely a good option to consider if you're going to Disneyland. The price was a fraction of what you'd pay for the 3 Disney owned hotels.

Pros:

Location, room decor, room size, service

Cons:

elevators, breakfast

Review of Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

We went here for a light lunch right when they opened (since we had the kids with us). The kids just had kids meals and our one daughter was a bit limited since she has nut allergies and I guess there are cross contamination issues with their fryer. I'm glad they let us know, but it's the only time we've encountered cross contamination possibilities at Disney to this degree.

Beyond that, my husband had a flatbread which he liked, I had the ahi which was great, and we shared an Uh-Oa that was really yummy and a lot of fun. Definitely worth the experience.

Pros:

So Much Fun

Cons:

Cross Contam

Review of BOATHOUSE

Reviewed by disneyfan1970 Review Date: 01/22/2016

We visited The Boathouse for dinner on 12/12/15.
For an appetizer, we enjoyed the calamari. My husband was not fond of this, but I enjoyed it.
My DH had the porterhouse with a side of mashed potatoes (sides are ordered separately and not included with steak). The steak was cooked perfectly and he enjoyed it.
I had the crab stuffed lobster, which was excellent.
The service was wonderful and our waiter was both friendly and efficient.
We do not use the dining plan, so the meal was paid out of pocket. I had looked over the menu before booking, so I was not surprised by the prices. It is one of the higher priced meals, but it's vacation 🙂

Pros:

food/service

Cons:

price

Review of Le Cellier Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by kjpc Review Date: 01/22/2016

We get to Orlando every few years or so and we had tried many years and times to get a reservation here and were unsuccessful. This time we finally got lucky and got a reservation.
I asked the waitress what they were best known for and she guided me to the filet and the fries with cheese & bacon. Just DELICIOUS. Wonderful. Not the kind of dining most can afford that regularly but this is the place to splurge and spoil yourself a little. We didn;t try any desert as we were full from our meal. But we left very satisfied.

Pros:

very good quality food

Cons:

it costs a lot
1 2,017 2,018 2,019 2,020 2,021 2,024