Most Recent Reviews

Review of Crystal Palace Breakfast

Reviewed by WeLoveTheHouseOfTheMouse Review Date: 01/02/2013

There were plenty of food options at this breakfast, that's for sure! We especially enjoyed the "create-your-own" omelet option and the french toast. Some of the food was a little too onion-y for our taste, but overall, we enjoyed the experience.

Pros:

lots of food options

Cons:

—

Review of Casey's Corner

Reviewed by WeLoveTheHouseOfTheMouse Review Date: 01/02/2013

This is by-far my DH's favorite quick service. We eat here at least twice every time we visit the World (he has been known to eat it twice in one day though!).

Word to the wise: while one person is inside ordering, another person needs to be waiting for a seat! If you don't, you will probably eat standing up or sitting on the ground. Either way, it's worth it, but it's always nice to be able to take in the atmosphere of whatever is going on at the castle or on Main Street.

I always get the corn dog nuggets, and DH always get the bbq slaw dog (minus the slaw) with cotton candy for dessert. We have never been disappointed!

Pros:

food

Cons:

seating

Review of Be Our Guest Dinner

Reviewed by WeLoveTheHouseOfTheMouse Review Date: 01/02/2013

My DH and I lucked up and got a walk-up reservation during the passholder previews in November.

We were seated in the beautiful ballroom, and we felt like we were in the movie. This place is gorgeous! There were two things that we didn't like though: close seating arrangements and tiny tables. When another couple sat down beside us, we felt like we were on top of them. Also, the table space is hardly enough room for your plate, glass, and bread all at once. Everything was very crammed on there.

The food was great. I had the sauteed shrimp and scallops with the strawberry cream cheese cupcake for dessert. The cupcake was perfect! DH had the strip steak and chocolate cream puff for dessert. He was a little disappointed that there weren't more options for dessert.

The entire restaurant is incredible. We were thrilled that our waitress encouraged us to check out the other dining rooms -- they are all beautiful!

Pros:

atmosphere

Cons:

close seating, small tables

Review of La Cantina de San Angel

Reviewed by WeLoveTheHouseOfTheMouse Review Date: 01/02/2013

DH and I ate here on the first night of our trip in November. We went to Epcot for extra magic hours and grabbed a bite to eat here while waiting for the line at Soarin' to clear out.

I had the empanadas, and they were awesome! DH had the tacos, and he enjoyed them as well. We both had the churritos with milk caramel for dessert.

This was something a little different than the normal quick service meal, and it will definitely be a place we will return to.

Pros:

everything!

Review of Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by WeLoveTheHouseOfTheMouse Review Date: 01/02/2013

My DH and I ate here for lunch in November. We were able to walk in and put our name down to get a table, but other walk-ins were turned away. This was the quietest restaurant that I have ever eaten at while at Disney World! It was refreshing!

We had boneless buffalo chicken poppers for an appetizer; they were very good! I had the Reuben sandwich. It was yummy and too much for me to eat. My DH had the picnic burger, and he loved it.

The only negative thing about this restaurant is that it shares a restroom with ABC Commissary.

We definitely recommend eating here, especially for a little peace and quiet.

Pros:

everything!

Cons:

restroom

Review of Walt Disney World's Magical Express

Reviewed by ksingle Review Date: 01/02/2013

Although the Magical Express documentation states that luggage delivery service is available for all flights that arrive before 10:00 pm, I would not recommend it if you are arriving anytime after 6:00 pm if you want your luggage the same day you arrive. It is quite possible that you will not get your luggage until the next day. Our flight arrived around 9:00 pm and were not able to get our luggage until the next morning. Lucky for us, most of the things we needed were in our carry on bags, but not all. Had I realized we would not be able to get our luggage within 2-3 hours of landing I would not have used the luggage delivery service and gone to baggage claim. I even called baggage service at the resort and requested that they deliver the luggage as soon as it arrived and stayed up to wait for it, it never came. I called in the morning and they had it delivered right away then.

Pros:

convienent, free

Cons:

bad for later flights

Review of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by WeLoveTheHouseOfTheMouse Review Date: 01/02/2013

My DH and I ate here for supper during our trip to the World in November. We have eaten here before, and we have always been pleased.

I love that they have flavored sodas! I had a vanilla diet coke, and the waitress was great about keeping the refills coming! I had the sampler platter to eat, and it did not disappoint.

DH had a cherry Sprite, which is something he looks forward to getting each trip here. For supper, he had the pork chops. His only complaint was that he could have eaten more of them because they were so good.

We both had Dad's Brownie Sundaes for dessert.

Our waitress acted more with the tables that had children, but we were definitely okay with that. She made us set our table and clean our plates, and she said we were very well behaved (probably because we have eaten at 50's several times, and we know to put our cell phones away and to keep our elbows off the table!). Overall, this is a fun restaurant with good food, and we definitely recommend trying it out!

Pros:

food & drinks

Cons:

seating is close together

Review of Riverside Mill Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by MKFan Review Date: 01/02/2013

I think pizza in general has been going downhill everywhere, so I was really surprised to try the not so great looking pizza in this food court and to find out it was really good! I tried the breadsticks and sauce one night and thought the sauce was great. I'm used to breadsticks that are more like pizza crust, so didn't like these at all. The next few times I wanted a simple snack I tried the small pizza and thought it was great.

Also you can't go wrong at the bakery or with the ice cream here. Yum!

I stick with simple cold cereal for breakfast, so can't really comment on their food. I guess I stick with the cereal because by the time you wait in line with hot food, it is no longer hot. Really would be nice if they opened the restaurant for breakfast again.

Pros:

Ice Cream, Bakery, Pizza, decent food overall

Cons:

breadsticks, large groups in line

Review of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by MKFan Review Date: 01/02/2013

We've stayed at this resort about 4 or 5 times since 1997. I always dread the check-in people and now add concierge to the dread list. Are they trained to be uncooperative and rude? I was wondering if it has something to do with the theme of the resort since it's been going on for so long.

I called Disney and made this reservation. I had requested one building that has been converted to (extra expensive) Royal rooms... not knowing the entire building had been converted. The person on the phone said no problem and marked the building down. When we arrived, they informed us that that building was now all Royal rooms. (Why didn't the person on the phone know this?) So they put us back at Arcadia House which turned out to be a good location - quiet, not too far from pool and if you do a shortcut thru the pool area, not too far from food court. (But it is a walk if you have trouble walking.)

The problem with the room was that the wall unit airconditioning system was directed to blow the cold air right into the head of the bed nearest the door especially, and also got part of the bed that is nearer the bathroom. You can't turn the vents and if the air was turned down, the room got muggy. I stopped at the front desk and then concierge and asked if there was anything that could be done. Maybe a different room or move the beds. I explained that I get headaches easily and was suffering from a continuous 2 day headache and was misearable with this room. They said "Sorry, there is nothing we can do."

I switched beds with the other person in my party who doesn't suffer from headaches and after 2 nights of the cold air blasting, she too was suffering. We had taken the exta pillows and chairs and tried to block the air flow, to no relief. What finally worked was laying the towels over half of the vents to block it at the source. I can't believe what a poor setup Disney has designed for air conditioning in these rooms.
I think that it is similar in the Value resors too. I seem to remember having similar problems at All Star Sports.

Another problem I noticed at Arcadia House was that every so often there was a skunk like smell the came thru the back vent over the sinks.

The grounds at the resort are beautiful if you like pathways along a river with trees and flowers (in season) all around.

I wish they would start serving breakfast in the restaurant again. It is only open for dinner now and serves mainly cajun food.

Got to see Bob in the lounge and had a blast. He is fun for all ages. They are showing movies at night and there are horse drawn carriages at the resort. It's a pretty setting.

The day before we were leaving we happened to be in the lobby and a cast member that worked at check-in was talking to us. One of the nicest people you could meet. Wish she would have been there when we were having problems.

Pros:

Resort grounds & activities, pretty rooms

Cons:

Check-in, Concierge, airconditioners in rooms, restaurant closed for breakfast

Review of Captain Cook's Snack Company

Reviewed by bdrobinson Review Date: 01/02/2013

Very good counter service with excellent pork nachos, chicken sandwiches, flat bread pizza, Poly chips, noodles, Ceasar salad, and, of course, Dole whip! Sometimes the chicken/noodles does not have a lot of chicken in it. Sometimes the Poly chips does not have a good assortment of fried noodles to potato chips. Sometimes the flat bread pizza does have enough topping.

Pros:

Good food!

Cons:

Inconsistent preparation
1 1,648 1,649 1,650 1,651 1,652 1,655