Reviews of Raglan Road

Lunch Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/lunch
Dinner Menu:
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/child-lunch-dinner

Reviewed by ADisneyGinger Review Date: 05/02/2013

DH and I ate here on April 25, with a 7 pm reservation. We loved the entertainment and atmosphere - the band was incredible, and the dancing was fun to watch. We sang along with songs whenever we were invited/instructed to do so, and had a great time. Bread service comes with a Guiness reduction, which was so good, I looked up the recipe and made it at home the first day we got back from our trip. I think we cleaned up the whole portion that we were given. I had fish and chips, which were pretty normal (although the fish kept falling out of its breading), and DH had the heavenly ham, which was a giant portion, and really did taste quite heavenly. I had a few bites, and would whole-heartedly recommend it. It comes with two sauces on the plate - the sweet raisin sauce is a bit jarring with the ham (and I usually love sweet things), but the cheesy sauce is to die for. For dessert, we ordered the bread pudding. The couple next to us had a different server and were given bread pudding for free to celebrate their anniversary. We were also celebrating our anniversary (and had on our buttons), but our server still charged us for the dessert. A little disappointing because of the inconsistency, but the bread pudding was spectacular. One of the best desserts of the trip.

Pros:

Entertainment, Bread Pudding, Guiness Reduction

Cons:

Service

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 03/31/2013

This was a last minute ressie upon the request of my DH for his birthday. It was our last day and wasn't sure of our plans. My mother had joined us on this trip and is a snowbird so she met us in Disney. She was being picked up that day and had friends meet us there for lunch on 3/23. The resort bus dropped us off at the Marketplace not realizing that Raglan Road was on the other side. My mother had rented a scooter for this trip but didn't think she would need one for downtown. We were wrong. This is one place we don't visit, we like the parks. We trekked across Downtown taking 15 minutes with all the slow moving walkers. We just made our ressies. We were seated immediately. The place was empty. We were on the dining plan and had credits left which was nice.

I made sure to note that it was my DH birthday. We told our waitress that we had to make sure to make it back to our resort to catch magical express and she told us about the bus pick up right outside Raglan Road. She said not everyone knows about this stop. I wish we did earlier.

We ordered appetizers which we knew we had to pay for. My DS20 ordered the ribs and DS14 ordered the wings. Both were delicious and large portions. My mother had the soup of the day which was potato, ham, and cabbage. She loved it. We were a party of 9. Mostly had hamburgers, and chicken sandwiches. Everything was good. My only complaint was it took over an hour to get our food. Again we were the only ones in the restaurant. The waitress kept refilling our drinks and our conversation was lively. My DD4 feel asleep and missed her food.

The waitress acknowledged my DH birthday by giving him a cupcake with a candle in it He didn't eat it since he ordered the lemon dessert which was like a lemon tart ok. I had the bread pudding with two types of sauces: vanilla and Guiness. It was huge, hot, and heaven. Too much to eat though and felt like I wasted it but was nice to try.

We all decided that even though it took forever to get our food we would try this again but would like to come for dinner so that we can see the entertainment.

Pros:

Irish food, atmosphere

Cons:

location at downtown Disney

Reviewed by lcavese Review Date: 01/17/2013

My family stumbled upon this restaurant a few years ago when Le Celier was full and we decided to try something out of our comfort zone. The reservations specialist recommended Raglan Road, and we all loved it. In November, my mom and I were at Disney celebrating my birthday, and our first reservation and stop of the trip was at RR. Our food was excellent, and at the end, our waitress brought us a Bread Pudding for my birthday treat! I had never tasted Bread Pudding before and am very picky, but this was AMAZING! HIGHLY recommend to everyone!

Reviewed by recmouse Review Date: 01/17/2013

We were a party of 7 and had made reservations. When we checked in, we got our pager and it went off within 10 minutes and we were seated. We weren't in the main dining room by the stage, which bummed us out at first, we were in a side room. We could still hear the band quite well and then the step-dancers came into our room several times. It ended up being great because it wasn't too loud but still entertaining. Our waiter was great! Didn't rush us and was very informative and attentive. He also made sure our drinks didn't go empty!

We started with the appetizer sampler platter which had wings, ribs, bangers, scallops and maybe something else and some dipping sauces. We got two of them for the table and it was plenty. The presentation was great too!

For dinner I had the "It's Not Bleedin' Chowder" except I asked them to not put mussels in mine and add extra scallops and/or shrimp instead. They did it and it was fantastic. My husband got his with the mussels and he enjoyed his as well. Our friend got the Shepherds Pie, which he liked, but the portion wasn't enough for him. Another got the braised beef that he said was ok. Two friends got burgers and LOVED them!

We saved some room for dessert and you should too! Get the bread pudding - wow! I've never been a fan of bread pudding but this is fantastic! We also got the strawberry and apple crumble, and a lemon curd tart... both good.

We just had a really good time and we all said we would definitely go back!

Pros:

Food and fun!

Reviewed by CanadianHolly68 Review Date: 12/07/2016

Wonderful time here - good food (lamb, seafood chowder) - best desserts anywhere - good beer (Guinness :) - daughter danced on stage :) - great service - was very loud and too dark to read menu but we managed

too bad it is located in the Disney Springs area - I really dislike this "new" downtown Disney and we will avoid it as much as possible - horrendously crowded , too spaced out and overpriced fancy stores - there are some good restaurants here but it might not be worth the headache getting to them

Pros:

food, dancing, music

Cons:

Disney Springs!

Reviewed by 3leggedtable Review Date: 09/29/2014

Our party of 9 ate lunch here on Tuesday August 26, 2014. The restaurant was quiet and we were seated right at our reservation time.

We ordered 3 gluten free meals; fish and chips, salmon in a light cream sauce, mushroom risotto, and a side order of onion rings. All 3 meals were good. My husband did not like that the skin was still on his fried fish.

Others in our party ordered cheese burgers, shepherds pie and sod and stew. Everyone was happy with their lunch.

Pros:

Cons:

Dark interior

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 09/27/2014

Our party of five was seated quickly. I was hoping to be in view of the stage but we were seated close to the door, which is my only complaint. We started with the Daulkey Duo the sausages were delicious! Everyone liked them, except DD9 who doesn't eat sausage ever! I had the Heavenly Hash it was very good. My DH had the bangers & Booz which was also good. The girls in the party had the cod which was pretty bland. DS 12 had grilled chicken, let's face it, there's not much you can do to ruin chicken. Then we had dessert. I liked the bread pudding but the Black Kiss didn't have much taste. I would set here again, the menu is large & I'd like to try the apple strawberry tart

Pros:

Good food

Cons:

Loud

Reviewed by Mich97 Review Date: 08/30/2013

We ate here this past July. As always the food was good. I had the fish & chips and it was more than enough. DD had the bangers and booze and was quite full. DN had the shepherd's pie and loved it. My only complaint was that they were doing some construction on the inside during our visit and so we had some obstruction of our view of the stage.

Pros:

food

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 08/01/2013

My two friends and I dined here for dinner on 7/25. Our reservation was for 8:30pm, and we arrived right on time. We did have to wait a bit to be seated, but we spent time browsing the gift shop. Our table was in the main room with the entertainment, far enough away that we could still see the dancers and band but still have a conversation.

I ordered the Shepherd's Pie, one person chose the Braised Beef and the third went with the Serious Steak. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. For dessert, we had Ger's Bread & Butter pudding, Black Forest Kiss, and the Strawberry & Apple Crumble. The fruit was baked into an oatmeal type tart, which was not what I was expecting, but it was still very good.

Our server was Rachelle, and while she was friendly enough, she didn't seem happy to be there. I suppose she was just busy. We did love the dancers and the band; my friend has family in Ireland and she had a great time singing along to the songs. Highly recommend this restaurant for a fun time!

Pros:

Excellent food, band and dancers

Cons:

So-so service

Reviewed by LoriC Review Date: 02/24/2013

My sons and I had dinner at Raglan Road recently. We had made priority seating arrangements, but when we arrived, was told they did not have record of our reservation. So, we waited outside for a table. Our wait was only about 25 minutes and we were seated close to the entertainment. We ordered the Serious Steak, Fish and Chips, and a kids meal. It took over a half an hour just to get the bread delivered. Then, another half an hour to get our dinner. They were very busy that night, but I felt it was too long to have to wait for food. Once delivered, the meal was outstanding! Probably the best steak dinner I've had in years. The music and entertainment added to the fun of sitting outside at downtown Disney.

Pros:

Food and Entertainment

Cons:

Speed of Service